L320 Rear Locking Diffs - Myth or Reality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cba20k

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in search of an L320 (preferably Gen1 '06-'09) with the optional rear locking diff, and am in need of sage wisdom and advice on how to determine if a particular one has it. I've search the internets up on side and down the other, used Topix, and have put in a lot of time on my hands and knees with my camera attempting to determine whether or not a particular one has it or not, alas to no avail on clarifying their existence on L320's in general. Below are my notes:
1. Word on the street is that all Supercharged models came with the rear locker standard.
2. I looked up photos of parted out rear diffs both with, and without the e-locker and there is a distinct motor attached to the diffs with it included. You can't miss it.
3. However every supercharged Gen1 I have crawled under to photograph has had no such motor attached.
4. In addition, every supercharged VIN I have checked in TOPIX for Gen1.5 ('10-'13) has showed "rear axle open diff" on the spec sheet.

Am I out of luck? Are no L320's equipped and it was a big lie about the SC models? Shop techs and dealers insist all supercharged sports had them standard, but I can't find any evidence that this is the case. I really don't want to go the Discovery 3/4-LR3/4 route as it's simply more physical vehicle than I want or need, but there seems to be evidence that rear lockers do exist on Sports and if I can find something almost mechanically identical and smaller than a Discovery, that's the route I'd like to go.

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635