Ladder ? for LR3 (but prob same for any Rover)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rs7trout

Reaction score
I have an LR3--I often travel with one of the large thule rooftop carriers. I typically access the rooftop box by standing on the rear tire! Which although it works--when you need two hands to take something out--well it's not feasible without falling off! It just doesn't seem like a rear ladder would help as the box extends to the front of the roof.

Anyone figure out a better ladder or system for accessing a roof top carrier??

Thanks
Ron

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several aftermarket ladders available....

rs7trout

Reaction score
Thanks but all the ones I've seen so far are for rear mounted ladders with the exception of the Rhino which attaches to one of its roof top baskets--which I don't use.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh....yeah I've seen no side-mounted ladders.

33CHINACARS

Reaction score
I know this is a L322 not a LR3 but you may be able to do something like I did . I had a bar made up to go between my roof rails . From that I hand a folding aluminium ladder . Top end hooks over bar , bottom of ladder rests against the tyre. I'm short of leg & had to stand on a milk crate . But ladder works better .I have a large Thule Roof top box Hope you get the idea

Cheers Gary

IMG_0333_edited-1.JPG

rs7trout

Reaction score
Thanks--definitely makes sense--seems like the only viable alternative!!

rs7trout

Reaction score
Thanks-thought about those-I'm 5'8" it looks like most of those wheel steps only go about half way up the wheel--for now--I just step up on the wheel to get to the cargo on top--awkward as I have to hold on with one hand to balance-thus the reason for looking--just don't think the wheel step would give me enough height--but I think I'll try and simulate that height with a stool or chair--hey it might work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV