Land Rover Buy Back.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

flowner

Since my vehicle has been in the shop for 42 day and 7 times. I said enough and I'm going to file Lemon. So Land Rover offered to buy my vehicle back - minus mileage. And then sell me any vehicle on the lot at invoice. This basically results in me swaping the vehicle at no cost.

But no vehicles on the lot so I have to upgrade and they don't wanted to sell me an 05 because it's probably a lemon too. Not a problem because I really want an HSE( I have SE7 with nav and lighting) in the first place now the result is I have to give Land Rover 5K and I get 06 HSE. Sounds like a very fair deal

You think once I agreed to the deal every would done and I could pick my vehicle up tomorrow

Wrong, I get an email from the dealer, they now want me to pay for my mileage and swap vehicles. This is about 2k more and will result in me giving Land Rover a total of 60,K in one years time, 53k for the defective vehicle and 7K for the new.

I basically think the dealer is trying to make a 2k profit on the deal when there should be no profit. It’s not like I really wanted a new vehicle but I had no choice. This one blows compressor once a month and they have no explanations.

I'm planning on calling Land Rover Customer Service and see what they have to say.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

texas911

Its definitely your dealer. Call LR USA and politely mention that you are posting on a public forum about this. They'll straighten out that dealer.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're counting on you not wanting to go through the L.L. process... Don't back down.

S

SpiceIt

I can tell you I'm in the process of fighting with LR USA on my Lemon of an LR3. Mine loses its ability to accelerate from a stop once the motor heats up which does not take long in Houston. That makes it a dangerous vehicle when you are trying to get out in traffic. It's in the shop for the 4th time for the same issue and they have had it for over 23 days in the first 3 months of the lease.

Make sure that you send via certified mail to LR USA your issues. It's the only way to start the Lemon Law process. Even then, there is a whole bunch of issues. LR USA will try to stall you I promise.

I have spoken to my corporate attorney and will provide his research below. I don't mind sharing my dealership is Land Rover of Houston. The guy I've been dealing with at LR USA is Adam at 800-637-6837 Ext. 2946. You may want to work through him and tell him that you know of another person out there having problems in Houston (He'll know who I am) and tell him that post are going out everywhere from us about these problems. That may help all of us out. Good luck and please keep me posted.

Here is the info from my lawyer.
1) You are correct in that it sounds like you already pass the “safety hazard test” under the lemon law, as well as the “4 times test” (if the vehicle is not repaired on this fourth attempt), so your vehicle falls under the lemon law, provided you leased the vehicle from a licensed Texas lessor, which I assume you did.

2) You mentioned that you have “been in contact with Landrover Corporate” regarding the problem, and my understanding is that they are trying to persuade you to see if this current (4th) repair attempt will resolve the issue. One important point: You must have given the manufacturer written notice (preferably by certified mail) of the defect and at least one opportunity for them to repair it before you can proceed with a lemon law claim. If you have not provided the manufacturer written notice, it is important that you do it right away to protect your right to pursue your claim under the lemon law.

3) If you have already sent this written notice to Landrover and given them at least one opportunity to fix the vehicle after such written notification, you can go ahead and file your lemon law claim with TxDOT because it sounds like you already meet the “safety hazard test,” though I would still wait to see if this fourth attempt is successful, for the following reason (#4 below).

4) Unfortunately, the lemon law is not going to permit you to get a replacement vehicle yet. Even after you file a complaint with TxDOT, the first step that TxDOT would take is to contact the manufacturer and dealer about the complaint, after which the manufacturer may send one of its experts to the dealership to help identify and fix the problem. As TxDOT puts it, “if your vehicle is satisfactorily repaired [at this stage], your case is resolved.” Only if your vehicle is not repaired will TxDOT attempt to resolve the dispute through mediation or a hearing. It is at either the mediation or hearing stage that TxDOT can urge/order the manufacturer to provide you with a replacement vehicle. The mediation stage typically takes place within 30-60 days after the complaint is filed.

5) You can file your complaint with TxDOT using their form (available at http://www.dot.state.tx.us/mvd/lemon/lemonlaw.htm ) and pay the $35 filing fee if this fourth repair attempt is unsuccessful, provided you have given the manufacturer written notice and at least one opportunity to repair the vehicle after such written notice.

6) Make sure you are keeping excellent documentation of your repair attempts and copies of all correspondence/phone messages/notes, etc. regarding the issue. It will be necessary for you to have these if the matter proceeds to a hearing.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the rub Flow. You want the LL process or not. If you're willing to go thru the entire thing you'll come out ok without any out of pocket...

I'd try harder to negotiate with the dealer. To me the LL thing sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass...

T

toddjb123

$60K total doesn't sound too bad too me, actually. A loaded HSE cost about $56K, right? So, you're paying a $4K difference for driving another vehicle for X number of miles. Now you get to trade up to the new vehicle you wanted in the first place, and you'll get an '06 which should have more kinks worked out of it.

I hear you that you still pay more than expected when you didn't want to trade in the car anyway, but it doesn't sound too bad since you are upgrading IMO. All the same, yeah, get what you can out of them.

F

flowner

Had them throw in the 5 year tire warrenty and load space mat and took the deal. Thanks, guys.

T

toddjb123

The load space mat is nice! I have it and its a life saver on beach trips for keeping most of the sand confined.

F

flowner

No Lumbar support adjustment. The dealer was supprised. It actually seems to be set in what would have been the mid adjustment on the O5 so you get some support. I'm find with it. Both me and my wife find the seat very confortable. 81 Miles no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4