2015 Land Rover LR4 HSE- Thinking about buying, does the engine sound right? https://youtu.be/wqjUb-qWbxE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just saw the CARFAX. Not bad- one owner, ok miles, certainly dealer maintained. Should be able to drill down on all of that if need be.
Thanks for checking it out. The oil leak I suppose is the sticking point. The price is below my budget, and I have a sizeable budget for repairs and preventative work. Oil leaks sort of scare me.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. The oil leak I suppose is the sticking point. The price is below my budget, and I have a sizeable budget for repairs and preventative work. Oil leaks sort of scare me.
I would want to chase that leak down. Btw, on your original question...My 2016 only 23K on the ODO sounds pretty much like that.
Having a repair reserve $'s is a good plan. Even on the SC v6 the cooling system...crossovers, water pump etc. is an achilles heal.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil leaks sort of scare me.
If a Land Rover is not leaking oil, there something wrong with it. That’s how we know they’re still alive.

Just FYI, minor oil leaks from the valve cover or timing cover are pretty common on these trucks. Pulling the valve cover requires pulling the injectors, so a lot of folks let minor valve cover leaks go until the injectors need to be changed or its causing some other problem (getting on the alternator or causing a vacuum leak).

Reaction score
I would want to chase that leak down. Btw, on your original question...My 2016 only 23K on the ODO sounds pretty much like that.
Having a repair reserve $'s is a good plan. Even on the SC v6 the cooling system...crossovers, water pump etc. is an achilles heal.
I feel like dating the girl my grand mum warned against.
do I read the carfax properly... that the dealer dumped it onto a used car lot? hmmm, what's going on.
That appears to be accurate and has been a part of my consternation about purchasing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM