Buying this 2015 LR4 Lux Pkg w/ HD Pkg, but am freaking out about the RUST! Should I walk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandythedisco

Reaction score
I agree - that amount of rust is almost enviable (I am in NJ). I had mine undercoated (lanolin) to protect the frame as it was getting a bit bad. My mechanic hates me now but at least I know it’s got some protection.

Reaction score
Get rid of it asap. The rust is just the beginning. You will have dozens of electrical issues and what is that liquid running down from the wheel hub? Pretty soon a new timing belt and the list goes on. For what you might pay, but a Toyota.
Toyota's while a little more reliable has had numerous recalls and safety issues recently, they are not the same Toyota's from 10 -15years ago. Recently, they even have had transmission problems.

Buy what you like and don't compromise. We are guilty of virtually compromising every facet of our lives, so get what you want mate. I heard the same thing while purchasing my now 20 Year Jaguar XJ8, which has been more reliable than everything else I have owned.

MellonRover

Reaction score
Pfftt... that is all minor surface rust on thick structural pieces. KTM is correct.

don't worry the timing belt :p or the "dozens" of electrical issues. That vehicles rust is nothing special for anything from the northeast, or anywhere else in the rustbelt. Agreed, do use it to negotiate!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV