Land Rover Discovery 3, Headlight washers not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlight washer pump wiring seems to be pretty much a separate system from the rest of the squirters as the head light washers are optional. See the wiring pdf below.

As such, it appears that relay R12 only powers the separate headlight washer pump.

Also if the bumper ever has been off, then perhaps the wiring or hoses were not reconnected. I have an extra relay in my spares kit as a result of just routine replacement of relays in trouble shooting or new parts installs - the air compressor being an example. In others words, a spare relay is not money wasted.

When one pulls the relay, there should be power to some of the recessed pins at some time so if one finds no power there at all under any condition, that is a hint of trouble upstream of the relay.

Attachments

• LR3 Wiring Diagram Wipers and Washers.pdf
    336.4 KB · Views: 63

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
yeah I have a similar device but I've found that when the OBD port reports an open circuit it can be anywhere including within the part...not necessarily the wiring (although in our cars I wouldn't pass up that option). I was having to some cold start stalling and using my OBD tool it was showing an open circuit - turned out to be a bad relay for the fuel pump so you might want to start with the relay since its super easy and worse case scenario you have a spare for next time (I doubt that this is the problem though as your main pump is still working)....I'm still guessing its your pump though...maybe a corroded electrical connector at the pump (might want to get some dielectric grease on that connector when hooking up the new pump just in case). Interested to see what it turns out to be...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72