Disco3 windscreen washer fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Karl Skoff

Reaction score
Have a Disco3 2009 SE TDV6. Just replaced a windscreen washer motor went faulty, now new one doesn't work. Tested it with 12V applied OK, fuse 11 15 amp OK as tested actual continuity so now looking to relay. Tested power at socket to pump no power. IAW the wiring diagram, states a relay washer pump (R259) switches the washer pump. I cant seem to locate it??, it shows it on the central junction box (CJB) so hoping its not actually integrated to the generic electronic module - quoted $2000 at least to replace. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Will start tracing wiring back from pump to wherever it feeds into the CJB to see whether I have power at the terminals there so then its a break in the circuit from CJB to pump socket, hoping to find something obvious.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay....lots to unpack here, but have you tried putting in a 20A fuse? At least here in the states that fuse was changed to 20 amps around 2014.

Karl Skoff

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply, larger fuse wont solve no power to pump though as fuse is not blowing. I will have a stab at tracing wiring back as far as I can without ripping out the CJB to get behind. Will post my findings tomorrow.

Karl Skoff

Reaction score
OK fault is at the CJB so CRAP!! Cant just replace the relay as its not actually a relay plug in type anyway as integrated at the rear of CJB board. Who engineers this rubbish is beyond me, really!! its just a damn washer circuit. I can hear it "clicking" when trying to activate but no power out to the washer pump. Checked the pump circuit all way back and no breaks in wires I can see anyway. So in the meantime I will either steal the horn or fog lights circuit as I can do without for now. Funny how a LR dealer has sold me a relay for LR3 wiper washer motor.... pikn up today looking fwd to see what it looks like.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72