Land Rover LR3 reliability - how does it truly compare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As expected, the 2005 and 2006 will be in this week's results, but with the asterisks.

I'd like to get rid of those asterisks and include additional model years.

To help make this happen:

Vehicle reliability research

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those results, asterisked and visible only to members on the site itself: worse than average for the 2005 LR3, and average, maybe a bit better, for the 2006. No data for other years, because they won't be included in the survey until more owners sign up.

The full set of results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those updated results recently posted. Land Rover LR3 reliability, in terms of successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year:

2005: 121, worse than average

2006: 66, about average

2007 and 2008: no data

Sample sizes were a few responses below the minimum for both years, so on the site these results are asterisked. Additional participants needed to provide precise results for all model years.

For the full set of results, and to sign up to help:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest Car Reliability Survey results were recently posted. The reported number of repair trips per 100 cars per year for the Land Rover LR3 and Disco3:

2005: 152, worse than average, small sample size

2006: 101, worse than average, but not far from "average," decent sample size

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May, August, and November. With additional participants we could provide more precise results and include all model years.

We now have a separate results page for each model that includes the results for competing cars. The one for the LR3:

Land Rover LR3 reliability comparisons

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the tip. I do post some there. We need more UK members in general. And I hope to do more to tailor the site for the UK. As is, many feel this is largely a North American site.

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Continuing that thought, I've added UK bodystyle and powertrain data for the Discovery, so those owners can now participate in all of the site's surveys, and not just the main reliability survey. These include a real-world gas mileage survey.

I've also added the diesel to the powertrain list for the LR3, though I'm not sure it's offered anywhere with the diesel, at least not yet.

In a few weeks we'll start previewing the next set of results to participants. More always helpful. Especially need more 2007s, 2008s, and 2009s.

Car reliability research

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635