Landy dealership or non Landy dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a Land Rover owner since 1995, this is my four purchase. I know most everyone at my local dealer; sales, service, even the mechanics. Its a classy operation, fitting of the Land Rover brand. However - and this is not news - they are not giving anything away over there (sales or service) except the coffee. I bought my LR4 from a Mercedes dealer a short flight away. I would say that if you are buying a car still under the original warranty and can see a car fax (not 100% reliable) you can save significant money not buying from Land Rover. Of course, if a few thousand - or more - isn't worth not having the guarantees that come with a certified pre-owned, then you'll have even more inventory to choose from. Either way, its a great piece of machinery. A few have problems, most don't.

Totally off topic but what made you change from 3 RR to an LR4?

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, the certified pre-owned is a huge deal. But they do jack up the price for a CPO.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CPO typically adds about $2k to the price. Maybe a little more I believe.

Also be aware that if you buy a previously CPO'd Rover from a non-Rover dealer the CPO warranty becomes void.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally off topic but what made you change from 3 RR to an LR4?

Out here where I live its become a status symbol and that kind of gets under my skin. Also, with all these new models (brand dilution in my opinion) they have priced the RR way above my means. Even if I had the means, I don't like it anymore. I always felt it was a luxury car that was designed to get dirty. It didn't need all the plush furnishings they jammed in there to justify the insane price. You got me going Epic!

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also be aware that if you buy a previously CPO'd Rover from a non-Rover dealer the CPO warranty becomes void.

This is true for most brands. Didn't know it until I traded in the CPO BMW I had for the LR4.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out here where I live its become a status symbol and that kind of gets under my skin. Also, with all these new models (brand dilution in my opinion) they have priced the RR way above my means. Even if I had the means, I don't like it anymore. I always felt it was a luxury car that was designed to get dirty. It didn't need all the plush furnishings they jammed in there to justify the insane price. You got me going Epic!

Fair enough! The new RR is by far priced out of most peoples means. Even with the dinky V6 its still $100k+ new or just glancing used is $90k+. Unbelievable.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought they quit doing that for RR's due to Doug on Jalopnik?

Negative. They just upped the price a little bit. when I inquired about a LR4 last month, I asked how much was it for a extended warranty. Quoted about $3200-ish for 6years 100k, $50 or $100 deductible. They had $0 deductible as well. Think that was going for about $3600.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM