Landy dealership or non Landy dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blacked out one also only has the base stereo.

There are higher miles to consider on the HSE Lux / HD white one in your second link though.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other ways to tell Lux and HD are to look for the seat memory controls on the drivers door (only Lux) and look for the full sized spare sticking down underneath the car. Still verify in the display that it has the locker.In '14s and '15s - if the right side of the buttons under the terrain response are blank it does not have it (TR also loses one mode).

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blacked out one also only has the base stereo.

There are higher miles to consider on the HSE Lux / HD white one in your second link though.

Good to know on the Blacked out one. Im no longer considering it.

Yeah the white one has a bit more miles. Maybe a bargaining chip? I'm real tempted on it though because its literally got everything I want, its ultra hard loaded with the HSE Lux, Lux vision assist and HD packages. But I'm may restrain myself a little bit longer.
They do have a nice black 12 with 26K miles for the same price. It has the HSE Lux but no Lux vision assist or HD package listed.

I'm finding some nice ones down in Dallas as well. Not too far to drive for a good deal.
This thread has really helped me out. Now I can make better identifications on some of these LR4s that I'm finding online. Some of the descriptions are pretty good while others are terrible.

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know on the Blacked out one. Im no longer considering it.

Yeah the white one has a bit more miles. Maybe a bargaining chip? I'm real tempted on it though because its literally got everything I want, its ultra hard loaded with the HSE Lux, Lux vision assist and HD packages. But I'm may restrain myself a little bit longer.
They do have a nice black 12 with 26K miles for the same price. It has the HSE Lux but no Lux vision assist or HD package listed.

I'm finding some nice ones down in Dallas as well. Not too far to drive for a good deal.
This thread has really helped me out. Now I can make better identifications on some of these LR4s that I'm finding online. Some of the descriptions are pretty good while others are terrible.

To be honest, I don't know if the Vision Package is worth it on a LUX for the years you are looking at. I don't think they had the swivel headlights in 2012-2013? On an HSE I would get it for the Bi-Xenon's.

I only got the Vision Package on my 2014 because of the swivel headlights. It is one thing in life that I think adds value to driving at night besides bi-xenon lights to begin with. Otherwise I never used a single thing.

If you are towing something often I could maybe understand it. Otherwise you are paying for a bunch of cameras that don't add value. At least IMO. My $0.02.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know if the Vision Package is worth it on a LUX for the years you are looking at. I don't think they had the swivel headlights in 2012-2013? On an HSE I would get it for the Bi-Xenon's.

I only got the Vision Package on my 2014 because of the swivel headlights. It is one thing in life that I think adds value to driving at night besides bi-xenon lights to begin with. Otherwise I never used a single thing.

If you are towing something often I could maybe understand it. Otherwise you are paying for a bunch of cameras that don't add value. At least IMO. My $0.02.

Thanks, I appreciate your insight, but...
Since I'm buying used and my goal is to spend under $50k, I want all the bells and whistles I can get if I can get it for that price. Honestly, I know I can get by without the vision assist but if I can get it, I want it. Things change and I may happen along a deal I cant refuse that doesnt have that package but as of right now, its on the my required list. :biggrin:

Vision assist says adaptive lighing...whatever that is. Surround camera..gee **** feature That I coud see might be handy. And auto high beam, which Ive had on 3 trucks and I like it. Dont need it, but I like it. :)

And I will be towing. Far more than most LR4 owners do.

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate your insight, but...
Since I'm buying used and my goal is to spend under $50k, I want all the bells and whistles I can get if I can get it for that price. Honestly, I know I can get by without the vision assist but if I can get it, I want it. Things change and I may happen along a deal I cant refuse that doesnt have that package but as of right now, its on the my required list. :biggrin:

Vision assist says adaptive lighing...whatever that is. Surround camera..gee **** feature That I coud see might be handy. And auto high beam, which Ive had on 3 trucks and I like it. Dont need it, but I like it. :)

And I will be towing. Far more than most LR4 owners do.

I hear you, just thought I would throw it out there since you were on a tight budget.

I will say the Auto High Beam works pretty well on the LR in comparison to a BMW X5. Still don't think the Xenon head lights are truly amazing on the LR4 in terms of throw but better than halogens.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, just thought I would throw it out there since you were on a tight budget.

I will say the Auto High Beam works pretty well on the LR in comparison to a BMW X5. Still don't think the Xenon head lights are truly amazing on the LR4 in terms of throw but better than halogens.

No probem! I appreciate everyones input.
I've had projectors on my last 2 RAMs and while some people complain about them not being bright enough, I find them to be just fine, so anything else will probably blow my mind LOL!

I did have auto high beams on our 06 Jeep Commander. They worked for about 2 months, then stopped. The dealership never could get them to work again. But on my trucks they've been great!

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw where vision assist also has the trailer assist feature on it. Ive seen that demoed on Youtube. Another gee **** feature that I might use.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw where vision assist also has the trailer assist feature on it. Ive seen that demoed on Youtube. Another gee **** feature that I might use.

This is why I called out if you were towing something regularly it would be a nice to have option. Otherwise its pretty meh.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys, how important would you say it is to purchase a used LR4 from a Landy dealership vs a non Landy dealership?

I like my local Landy dealership, I think they have some fine people there and they always treat me good whenever I come in a kick tires and ask alot of questions. Theyve even let me drive anything Ive wanted. LOL

They have "Certified" used vehicles, etc...

However, Ive just now stumbled across a used 13 thats completely murdered out black. 37K miles. Ive purchased a new truck there in 2013. Theyre also good people. I'm pretty dang sure I can get this from them for very low $40s.

Would it be worth it or should I hold out and buy from a Landy shop?

I've been a Land Rover owner since 1995, this is my four purchase. I know most everyone at my local dealer; sales, service, even the mechanics. Its a classy operation, fitting of the Land Rover brand. However - and this is not news - they are not giving anything away over there (sales or service) except the coffee. I bought my LR4 from a Mercedes dealer a short flight away. I would say that if you are buying a car still under the original warranty and can see a car fax (not 100% reliable) you can save significant money not buying from Land Rover. Of course, if a few thousand - or more - isn't worth not having the guarantees that come with a certified pre-owned, then you'll have even more inventory to choose from. Either way, its a great piece of machinery. A few have problems, most don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM