Largest tire size that will fit in Factory Spare Tire location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found a set of 18" wheels for a good deal. Onwards and upwards to a set of 285/60/18 Zeon LTZ's. Doing so, I believe I'll need to figure out a new place to store the spare. Also how much difference in tire diameter can there be, when you run a spare. Being that the LR3 is AWD, I would imagine, not a whole lot. Am I mistaken?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that is a theory that's never really been tested. I wound up finding another 32" just so that I wouldn't have to be the first to find out!

Trynian

Reaction score
I did find out! Had a flat on my stock size street tires. Had my larger offroad tire in the back. 1.5" difference in diameter and the the vehicle would generate faults and put me to the bumps and all special programs, abs were not available. The problem is that the wheel speed sensors do not match up with miss matched tires.

Also that tire size will fit in the spare location, you just have to lower the pressure in it to to squeeze it in.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you able to mount your 32 incher in the factory location?

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, we posted at the same time. Thanks for the answer Trynian.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 32.7" tire will fit. Lower the psi to 10 or so. You also have to remove the exhaust fairing (fiberglass looking fins) for the added size.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 32.7" tire will fit. Lower the psi to 10 or so. You also have to remove the exhaust fairing (fiberglass looking fins) for the added size.

X2, only a problem if you want to plug in the trailer hitch.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2, only a problem if you want to plug in the trailer hitch.

Or have the TPMS and it wants to see that the spare has enough air in it too :hmpf:

Oh well that's why I'm in on the swing away tire carrier :biggrin:

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My zeon spare fits in the location and I still ise my reciever to tow. I did have to remove the exhaust shield and take a cutting disc to part of a bracket as discussed on this forum in the past.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99