LED Fog Lights (H11)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I think they would look great esp with the accent lights, but they are useless in terms of useable light output. I have been thinking about doing this but no sure I want to loose the functionality of the fog lights.
Geirge

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not switch to a true amber fog? Something that is usable?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I think they would look great esp with the accent lights, but they are useless in terms of useable light output. I have been thinking about doing this but no sure I want to loose the functionality of the fog lights.
Geirge
I agreee 100% I think they would look great more as a manual DRL, but definitely useless in the fog. Here in the SF Bay area I really would like to keep the functionality of the fog lights. Plus, I can see how they would be useful in MA snowstorms! :)

-David

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone replaced their halogen fog lights with these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Super-W...es&fits=Model:LR4&hash=item46038ddeeb&vxp=mtr

I bet they would look great on as DRLs along with the LED accent rings (though you would need to manually turn them on).

Functionally, I don't think the LEDs would be as good in the fog as the halogen lights.

Any thoughts?

-David

anytime you use led bulbs in place of actual bulbs you'll probably need an error eliminator. cars nowadays will detect if your bulb is out. since leds require little juice to fire up, it might not register with the ECU that it's on. Another concern is that it might flicker due to the low juice issue, you might need to install something in addition to properly use it. i've never tried it on the LR so i am not sure. besides, i've always gone with HIDs and have been more than happy with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink