LR3 Brighter Foglight Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say yellow bulbs could produce better performance in fog, but LEDs generally will not.

Do you have the Halogen headlamps? If so, you may get better results in swapping those out for LEDs. A buddy of mine just did that and they look pretty good and really bright.
I installed PIAA H11 2500K Yellow 55 watt lamps in my bumper located lights.

I like the yellow colour as it does not reflect back when snowing to the degree that white does.

The lights fill the dark area right in front of the 3 and also somewhat the ditch which is what I am usually trying to avoid.
The yellow colour is also very distinctive if one is looking for recognition lighting - here it is just not the norm.

Attachments

• PIAA H11  2500K Yellow Ion 55  watt single bulb connector view.jpg
    PIAA H11 2500K Yellow Ion 55 watt single bulb connector view.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 36
  • PIAA H11  2500K Yellow Ion 55  watt rear view  Halogen.jpg
    PIAA H11 2500K Yellow Ion 55 watt rear view Halogen.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 41

Phil M

Reaction score
Thanks @bbyer. Your input has always been helpful!!!

After dragging my feet on which route to go, I just ordered two pairs of different yellow LEDs and 2 pairs of yellow halogens. I'll do some side by side combination comparisons and hopefully pictures will be able to describe the differences! I'm really curious how the LEDs will do in the housing reflectors...

Phil M

Reaction score
Hi guys. Finally got around to swapping these out. I bought 4 sets of bulbs.

This was the first test, the two LED bulbs next to each other. Look at that orange (the first bulb)! It's not going to work...!
1648415424249.png

Next I compared the yellower one to the Hella incandescent:
1648415715582.png

Interesting light pattern comparison. The Hella is much more of a line than the LED bulb...

Next, swapped out to compare the Hella with a Sylvania.
1648416049772.png

So here is what I currently have installed: the Sylvania.
1648416708838.png

Really hot white center that I was surprised about. Really fine line across too.

And the Alla LED:
1648417003168.png

I think it's too high, but I can aim it down eventually. It's also pretty flat line across, but relatively even.

So next steps are actually testing this at night, and in the rain/fog. And returning some bulbs!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA