Lifting a 90s model Defender 90?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProdigyCustoms

Reaction score
Anyone tell me where to find lift kits for Defender 90? I see ARB has a 1 1/2" lift, looking for more then that. maybe a 3 to 4 inch kit.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why that much of a lift, what sort of wheeling are you doing, are you aware of all the extra stuff needed to get 4"s into a 90 ?
2 or 3"s is usually more often done, then Old Man Emu from Lucky 8 or an RTE lift would work.

ProdigyCustoms

Reaction score
So with a 3" lift, what is the widest wheel, largest diameter tire combo that will fit?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you going for looks or performance off road. Your diffs. won't take what you are talking about without new axles, gears to off set the big tires and lockers.

ProdigyCustoms

Reaction score
We are planing on new stronger diffs and deeper gears. The engine be a supercharge LS3 powered very similar to what we use on our Pro Touring vehicles, except with lower duration and wider lobe center camshaft for awesome low end torque. These engines (donated from Corvettes) we routinely make 750HP and 650TQ with incredible calm street manners. Our detuned torque monster will be pretty square on HP and torque. We will make somewhere around 650HP and 650TQ. A paddle shifted 4L80E borrowed from a 2500HD truck will handle the power just fine.

As far as the lift goes. We do not want it crazy tall, but would a few inches to clear some bigger tires. But all my searching has not revealed what size tires we can clear. Common sense would say with a 3" lift a 6" taller tire could be cleared height wise, but does the increase circumference cause fender interference fore and aft? Obviously wheel offset will play into the equation.

As with all our builds we will make sure to build up the entire system all the way down to 16" (8) piston brakes to stop those big rollers..

The steering, or limits of the steering will be my next exploration mission.

Looking around I see this is way outside the box here. I thank in advance all for any information

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go read the information from RTE and go from there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635