Lifting an RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001RR

Anyone lift there RR using the airbags? If so how did you do it? Or if you know some where I could find out how to. Thanks

T

testuser

Conversioin to springs is a pretty safe bet. What year.... oh, 2001.

2001RR

I dont wanna lose the air bags. Anyone know if the bag mounts are welded or if they are bolted to the frame?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of people have succesfully gone through the conversion...

That said, you may be able to install some different airbag height sensor arms, which would force the RR into "thinking" it needs to raise itself - effectively lifting itself. I know that DiscoMike has done this with his Discovery. He installed Old Man Emu springs in the front, and changed the airbag sensor in the rear to lift the rear to the same height as the new springs in front.

Personally, I would probably swap out the airbags for Old Man Emu springs all the way around (if your RR was mine). Just my opinion of course...

2001RR

Ging with springs is like down grading. With the bags you have more options when going off raoding than you do with springs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635