Lights / remaining on after truck is turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 questions about battery drain and how "smart" the lr3 is ...

1) I noticed today that one of those lights in the cargo area (7 seater) was on. I don't know when I turned it on, but I suspect it has been on for a long time. Months maybe.... I tested it, it stays on when the truck is turned off. I am _GUESSING_ that the truck is turning that light off after 10 mins or so when the ignition is off -- because otherwise I'd have a dead battery long ago. Is this correct? Anyone know the specific "intelligence" of the interior lights and battery / power management?

2) This past weekend it was very cold. 8 degrees in Nashville. I left the headlight switch in the "on position" for about 5 hours, also unintentionally. This makes the runnign lights go on but not headlights when the car is turned off / key removed. Duration of time was a dinner of about 2 hours and then a movie of about 3 hours... This did not **** my battery, I was shocked. When I was approaching my truck, I could swear that the lights were not on otherwise i would have noticed it, but then again I wasnt paying attention and unlocked normally via key. Engine fired right up, battery seems fine. Does the LR3 have "smart" management of exterior lights also -- ie will it kick those parking / running lights off (front corner lamps, taillights) ???

Thanks -- I could not find this info in the manual, I did look.

ps -- I do know the trick of turning the interior lights off / on "permanently" by pressing the center interior button for 10 seconds or so ...

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told it will turn the interior lights off after a spell even if a door is not closed all the way but not sure about the headlights.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4