Little rubber bumper the top hatch comes down on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we are on the same page, this is the little button I'm referring to.

Now that I look closer, it actually does not look or feel like rubber. I think it's plastic.
c253c69d30c781b3e9f2172df6dffa1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's what I thought you meant when I replied that those buttons are trim caps that cover screw heads. They are very soft plastic and they seem to cut easily when you pop them off with a pick or blade. I see you're missing the screw in the first hole. If you pry off the cap that is next in line to the right, you will see what we're talking about. Therefore you need both a new screw AND a cap.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought you meant when I replied that those buttons are trim caps that cover screw heads. They are very soft plastic and they seem to cut easily when you pop them off with a pick or blade. I see you're missing the screw in the first hole. If you pry off the cap that is next in line to the right, you will see what we're talking about. Therefore you need both a new screw AND a cap.
Might need to take apart the tailgate too.
There are metal retaining clips that have a threaded hole in them for the screws, and they fall down/out if installed wrong.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might need to take apart the tailgate too.
There are metal retaining clips that have a threaded hole in them for the screws, and they fall down/out if installed wrong.

Good point and since we're on a roll here I'll recommend replacement of the liftgate actuator while it's all opened up!

AGLR4

Reaction score
@Michael Gain @hickersb

The part number for the cap is:
ezu000010pva

If there is a screw there the cap just pops on. If a hole, then you need screw AND cap.

This worked for me since I only needed one screw and cap.

I have 3 caps left if one of you just needs a cap or two, PM me.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ezu000010pva

Thanks for identifying this part. As mentioned, these are very soft plastic and easily damaged even when care is used removing them. Would not be a bad idea to order some of these for anyone planning the liftgate actuator repair.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Michael Gain @hickersb

ezu000010pva

If there is a screw there the cap just pops on. If a hole, then you need screw AND cap.

This worked for me since I only needed one screw and cap.

I have 3 caps left if one of you just needs a cap or two, PM me.

This is great, thank you. I have a hole so looks like I need to get the right screw (and maybe the backing it as well....)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM