Little rubber bumper the top hatch comes down on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a part # for the little rubber bumpers that sit on the lower tailgate and cushion the upper tailgate?

I can't seem to locate these in any parts diagram online and it looks like one of them went missing...

(pic is of lower tailgate switch, and you can see the empty hole)

bAKFCYGASSa2zt5G0hjugw.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me a bit to understand what you meant because I never considered those to be bumpers per se. I thought they were simple cosmetic trim caps.

Having said that, I’m glad you located the part number. I recently removed all of mine while replacing the actuator for the upper liftgate. I was surprised how soft they were and had my doubts about reusing them. I got them all back on but a few of them got a bit chewed up in the process. Thanks.

AGLR4

Reaction score
Eh, eBay to the rescue. Looks like its
CFM500010.
I looked for these briefly a while back and came up empty. Nice find. Let us know if they do indeed fit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AGLR4

Reaction score
I actually just took another look at my order from last month. CFM500010 is the same part number that I used to order overslam bumpers for the passenger doors. I think these are a lot larger than the pictures show. The tiny little rubber bumpers that you are referencing for the tailgate are likely different than these.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just took another look at my order from last month. CFM500010 is the same part number that I used to order overslam bumpers for the passenger doors. I think these are a lot larger than the pictures show. The tiny little rubber bumpers that you are referencing for the tailgate are likely different than these.

Thanks! I fear you may be right -- guess I need to keep looking...

AGLR4

Reaction score
Keep us posted, I need a couple as well.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call one of the online parts dealers: landroverpartscounter, Land rover Tampa, etc.

They have some fancy way of finding stuff--its what I had to do to find the rubber battery box plugs.

Once they give you the parts number, Google is your friend. And please post here lol

AGLR4

Reaction score
So we are on the same page, this is the little button I'm referring to.

Now that I look closer, it actually does not look or feel like rubber. I think it's plastic.
c253c69d30c781b3e9f2172df6dffa1e.jpg

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are just plastic caps that cover screw heads.

Those screws hold that black piece of trim on the tailgate, along with 2 plastic clips.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72