LOCKDOWN To do List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
So I have done the cornering light mod, and will be rebuilding my air valves next. Also have to refurb my third brake light, did the headlights refurb.
Also looked at some DRL's but I didn't like the look after I split and placed the DRL LED strips, so I bailed and just did the corner lights.

What is on everyone else's list to do during the lock down?

So far I'm here with my Girl...View attachment 10861
I’ve been busy during the lockdown.
1st Job I was told I had a very small amount of play on the offside track rod end so purchased two new ones. Both track rods had seized solid and no tool would remove either joint. So I used a heat gun and both popped out easy. Noted the correct number of turns each track rod was screwed onto the inner tie rod and took about 30 minutes a side to do.
2/ Gave Discovery 3, 2.7TDV6 Full Service. Replaced Oil, Filter and Sump Plug. Replaced Air Filter and Pollen Filter. Replaced Fuel Filter. Replaced Front and Rear Diff oil and Transfer Box oil. I’m not replacing gearbox oil at present as after Covid 19 scare is over taking Discovery to garage who flush gearbox out totally using special Megaflush Machine costing between £260 to £300 and takes between one and two hours to do.
3. Replaced Badly Corroded Suspension Air Tank. I brought a new one last year when I noticed the tank on the discovery was in a bad state. The hardest part of replacing the tank was removing the bolts that hold the tank in place. Mine were that seized even using plus gas I found the bolts just sheared off. I already had purchased also new stainless steel bolts and I’ve used anti seize paste on the bolts hopefully stopping them seizing up again.
I’ve been busy but know now my Discovery hopefully should give me now a year of trouble free motoring.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's my update:

Blackout headlights done.
Upper/Lower Ball Joints done
Tie Rods inner/outer done
Clean out front sunroof drains done
Clean out AC Drains (which flooded the carpets in both foot wells) done

Next up Alignment Front (due to replacement above)
Control Arm Bushings replacement, it will be a while.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh here's the HL's
Lt Turn.jpg IMG_1917.JPG

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a few bits

1. New struts for the hood
2. New struts for the tailgate
3. New spare tire winch as mine has stopped working
4. Air filter for cabin

Now, my GPS has stopped working and my third brake light plastic is cracked. So I need to investigate that. My front parking sensors seem to be having a fit too. I may replace the brake switch as I have one on hand..

Eleanor is still going strong, could do with a few internal updates like the cracked center console cushion and cracked dash where the airbag is, other than that she is pretty fresh!

Wife is talking about the new defender... Not sure how allowance will cover such a purchase though..

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have refurbed my cracked 3rd brake light. It was cracked but also was really sun damaged. I did not neccessarlity like the outcome 100% so at some point I will just replace the light. As it still functions it is not a real issue but I can still see a line where the crack was.
Before
20200517_143400.jpg

After, I have not used the buffing compound yet, as I was not impressed with the results, and eventually wanted to tint the light to match the tint on my tail lights.
It has made a difference in visibility, so the work was worth it "on the cheap", but I think a replacement light lens is the way I will eventually go. Might buff it out just to see if it improves. I figure the light smoke tint I have might cover the crack line you can still see.

20200623_100749.jpg

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got all the following done:

1. New struts for the hood
2. New struts for the tailgate
3. New spare tire winch
4. Air filter for cabin

Now the electrical system is having a wobble!

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opened the boot last night and nearly chinned myself it opened so fast... Those new struts are worth every penny!

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the same treatment from my LR 3 this past weekend. As it was my tailgate upper that landed the blow. Although it was a long trip and I did disrespect her a couple times on the way. POW, right in the eye socket. Put it on my wife the night before...LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV