Looking for Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
After 30,000 miles on my 2011 LR4 I'm ready for new tires. It would pain me to have to put another set of on-road pansy tires back on the LR4. I've seen that there are Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in a size of 255/50R19 over in Europe, but can't find them here in the states. Anyone know how I could get a set? Anyone have another suggestion?

Cheers

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definitely get some great responses from folks - lots of tire experts on our forum and very helpful.

I have the Cooper Zeon LTZs (255/55/R19) and I love them for the 19" wheels. I likely would get a different tire if I had the Compomotive 18" wheels, but the LTZs are a great blend of off road capability and on road comfort.

-David

brokenneckcp

Reaction score
You will definitely get some great responses from folks - lots of tire experts on our forum and very helpful.

I have the Cooper Zeon LTZs (255/55/R19) and I love them for the 19" wheels. I likely would get a different tire if I had the Compomotive 18" wheels, but the LTZs are a great blend of off road capability and on road comfort.

-David

So the 255/55R19 size doesn't rub anywhere?

brokenneckcp

Reaction score

-David

And where did you find a Cooper Zeon for a 19" wheel? I only see 20" sizes.

GBRover

Reaction score
I managed to get 40,000 miles from my original Contis.. Just put on a set of Toyo Open Country on stock 19" wheels. I live where we have plenty of snow and these tires have proven to be top performers! Just completed a 600mile highway trip and they were smooth and quiet under those conditions as well. I see alot of these tires up here in New England.

Hope this helps!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, what would you get for the 18" Compos?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, what would you get for the 18" Compos?
Hey kaaae,

That's a good question! :) I have no idea, but they will definitely be off-road centric and I don't think I'd care about road noise.

With my rack and Pelican boxes strapped to my roof, who cares about noise! :)

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99