Looking to buy 2005 LR3 SE with 139k miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice color. Good that you got the hitch too.

But does it come with the hitch key? Short stubby orange thing like this:

Range_Rover_Sport_LR3_LR4_Tow_Hitch_Receiver_Key_A.jpg

Im partial to the chawton white - nice choice.

Cynthia

Reaction score
That I don't think so. You got me on that one. I know mine is set up for stuff like that but I don't have a key thing like that.

Ramrover

Reaction score
Mine keys are black and I was told that the hitch was just installed last summer. I haven't even messed with it yet to try the keys. From what I've seen there may be other parts stored in the compartment in the rear of the vehicle.
photo (1).JPG

Ramrover

Reaction score
I played Land Rover Mechanic over the week end, my first repairs. It all started with a loud squealing noise coming from front left wheel.
I started on the right wheel and was surprised to find that I still had over 6 mm of pad remaining. I put that wheel back on and started thinking maybe it was going to be a left wheel bearing. When I removed the drivers side wheel and found the pads were just about gone, I was a little relieved. Upon further investigation I found that the rotor was ground past the point of no return. There was also a 1-2 mm lip all the way around of the rotor on the outer edge from wear. Although I did the pads before the wear sensor was activated, It broke as I was removing it. I bought AKEBONO EUR1098 off EBAY (64.00) and the rotors (165.00) and wear sensor (20.00) from local parts store. My only trouble was finding were the wear sensor plugged in. I was surprised (and relieved) that there wasn't a wear sensor for the right side. I haven't change the brake fluid yet. I am hearing a clunk from the front left every now and then only going over bumpy roads so I'll be playing Land Rover Mechanic again soon.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wear sensor plugs in behind the wheel well plastic, total pain to get to but it can be done. The clunk is from the control arm bushings. I'd guess your truck is already on it's second set. Mine went bad at 77,000 and almost everyone I've heard about was before then.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wear sensor plugs in behind the wheel well plastic, total pain to get to but it can be done. The clunk is from the control arm bushings. I'd guess your truck is already on it's second set. Mine went bad at 77,000 and almost everyone I've heard about was before then.

Yes, that's my next project. Looking for some DIY info/video somewhere. Wanna do it soon.

Ramrover

Reaction score
Did the rear pads and rotors. Was able to reuse the wear sensor this time. Parking brake slowed me down till I found brake bible on the web. I thought I had the parking brKe adjusted correctly until I drove a few mile and noticed my MPG dropping slowly. Total it dropped .2 in about 20 miles. So I had to add a several more clicks to the EPB adjuster. I was back up to my normal MPG the very next day. I checked and made sure I was able to rotate the rotors fairly easy when I had first adjusted them. It must not take much to affect your MPG. AKEBONO rear pads 57.25 & rotors were 49.26 ea. Total for pads & rotors, front & rear 422.00. Oh and one sore back, those tires are heavy. Still loving my LR3, just dealing with normal maintenance.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you zip tie the sensors up out of the way, you will never have to change them. I change my tires twice a year so I insect the brakes at that time. No need for a sensor to buy.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM