Looking to purchase - 2012 - LR4 - Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

npollardtx

Reaction score
I don’t think they gave you the correct discount. 20% off parts and labor should be a lot more than $200. I guess maybe it’s capped?

Not looking forward to this on my car. Thankfully I still have a ways to go.

Yes, it's capped. I figured biting the bullet and doing this fix was a lot better than trading it in. I really love not having car payments!

And there really is nothing out there I'd love as much as this one. Although I still hate that the LR4 doesn't have the additional passenger cup holder mounted in the dash by the glove box that my LR3 had. For some reason, my husband has to travel with multiple beverages and now he has to hog one of mine.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and the infotainment is archaic by modern standards, this is probably the real reason. No apple car play. For me I am a luddite who likes cubic inches so don't care...
Hey, the LR4 has a hardwire iPod input in the center console! That's all we needed. Our entire music catalog is on an iPod that remains in the truck at all times. The standard stereo sounds pretty decent, although I'd like to hear the fancy version with subwoofer offered in LUX (?) models.

We still need to do the satnav unlock which allows the passenger to fiddle with it while in motion, but otherwise the co-driver uses their mobular phone thingy if needed for GPS.
:beer:

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$16k seems a bit high to me (I own a 2012) unless the extra parts and timing replacement chain peace of mind fill the gap - which they very much might do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72