Low coolant. No leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JARentDTOM

Reaction score
So I took a 500 mile trip this week and topped to the line “Filled to Here” before I left. When I got back here’s what I had lost...somewhere. Both levels were when engine was cold. I have extended warranty, so I’ll be taking it in.
EA29140A-F5FA-47B7-A005-7C03A9F3C21A.jpeg

Rberkel

Reaction score
Check the back of the engine. The cross-over pipe on the back could be where the leak is.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had several coolant leaks which ultimately resulted in replacing most of the system, including cross over pipe, water pump, etc even though I never had any noticeable leaks / drips. Had another small leak again this time from the water pump gasket. Hopefully fixes it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with pin hole leak on the rad that isn't visible. I had all the same symptoms, pressure test with no issues, changed water pump and crossover pump. I highly recommend the UV dye. It is the only way I located mine.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I'll add the dye. Any recommendations?

I checked the coolant level again recently. I can't tell that it has lost any coolant in the last two weeks. But admittedly, I've not driven it much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA