Low oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C.J.J' S Discovery2

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Discovery 2 Se7 125,000 . I have low oil pressure, purchased truck over summer from 2nd owner. The guy I bought from, gave me a folder with $9,000.00 or so worth of receipts,( main reason I chose this one). Some of the work done was oil pump cover, oil pump gears etc. Also the heads were machined , and valvetrain replaced. I so far have replaced myself, plugs, 8mm wires, Bosch coil packs, Bosch o2 sensors, Bosch maf sensor.Changed, trans filter, transfer case fluid, differential fluid. After all of that oil pressure light flickers on, drained oil was nasty, flushed with motor flush, came out nasty again. I decided to pull pan, after pulling pan I discovered about 3 "scoops of sludge " from a cut in half 20 oz pop bottle ( hoping I found problem) also replaced pick up tube and "o" ring ( genuine Land Rover). I put everything back together flushed more oil and motor flush thru. To my pleasure was clean as when it went in. Pressure gauge hooked up starts strong, @ 50 psi, then goes down ultimately idle warm is about 8 psi, but takes longer to " bleed" down since I installed big oil filter and using rotella part synthetic 15w 40. So if anyone has any suggestions on what my problem is, would really appreciate it. According to records the oil cover and gears were replaced 17,000 miles ago.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bought a can of worms. If you want some help, and it is safe you will need some, PM me your tele number and I'll call you this afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM