LR Experience photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Greetings!

My wife and I traveled to the UK and Europe last month. We toured the LR factory to see where our LR3 originates.

Some insight:

-New production facility built during BMW/Ford ownership

-RR, RRS, and LR3 body panels are stamped on sight (huge press installed by BMW)
along with complete assembly and paint for each

-Mini Cooper panels used to be produced there up until last year

-LR2 assembled at the Jaguar facility.

-Defender is still assembled by hand in separate area from RR, RRS, and LR3 and still very costly to produce.

After the tour, they offered us lunch. We then drove the latest models including D90, Disco3, and RR on the 3 off-road tracks.

Overall, it was a fun experience. I loved it and my wife was very impressed by the stamping process. She mastered the D90 through the swamp course in second gear and loved using the HDC on steep descents in LR3.

We live in Miami and don't have mountains in our backyard, so at 190 GBP, it was pricey but worth it. Plus, we won't be experiencing any serious off-road trails for a while.

Enjoy!

Click on the link below to view our photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jayson.Koch/LandRoverExperience2008?authkey=s4QXm4mcBFI#

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like you had a good time thanks for sharing the pics

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics and video, I enjoyed looking at them. Where else did you go in Spain? I lived in Cadiz for about 6 weeks last summer and visited tarifa, sevilla, and granada. It's surprising how many defenders I saw over there, makes me wish they would import them again to the U.S.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics and video, I enjoyed looking at them. Where else did you go in Spain? I lived in Cadiz for about 6 weeks last summer and visited tarifa, sevilla, and granada. It's surprising how many defenders I saw over there, makes me wish they would import them again to the U.S.

Glad you enjoyed the photos....

We took a train from UK to Paris, then headed down to Barcelona.. stayed there a couple of days then headed up the coast to Cadaques, an old fishing village on the Mediterranean sea. it was beautiful. went mountain biking along the cliffs, visited the Salvador Dali museum/home and ate amazing food, especially the paella...

We're planning to head further south next time- had only 2 weeks to do it all on this trip.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goinsurfin-

How did you book the factory tour/experience? I'm looking for a good side trip next time I'm in the UK. I can't get into the right window to get further details on the Land Rover website. Maybe calling is best?

goinsurfin

Reaction score
goinsurfin-

How did you book the factory tour/experience? I'm looking for a good side trip next time I'm in the UK. I can't get into the right window to get further details on the Land Rover website. Maybe calling is best?

Actually, its much easier to simply email them. go to http://www.landrover.com/, this is the global site. click on "visit our experience site" this will take you to all of the information you need for the UK and other countries that offer the LR experience courses. However the factory tour is only in Solihull, outside Birmingham...

you can also email Catherine Mills at the LRE office: [email protected]. She will send you the pdf version with details.

Let me know if I can help you more.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great pic's - i love a family album with lots of car shots!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9