LR Off Road Event Video by a Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I have an LR4 but there were plenty of LR3's at this Land Rover Off Road 'Wheels' Event. It's obviously not a ******** trail, but there were parts where half the trucks had to be recovered because of the mud. It was raining and muddy. And most of the 'obstacles' don't look near as sketchy as they were in person ;)

This was just a few minutes in the 2 hour trek we took.

Just wanted to post to ensure two things:

a) All LR3 owners attempt to off road with their vehicles at least once!
b) see a)

The Land Rover is an amazing machine. I'm a total newbie, I hope you all get to experience the LR in it's natural habitat.

YouTube- Land Rover LR4 Off Road Wheels Event - Real User

Cheers,
-Willie

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should post it down in the Video section of the site. You might get more traffic.

Rob

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Willie,

I'm not too far away in Williamsburg, How do I find out about the next event?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool video. You're right in that it's not the harshest terrain....but it's cool to see someone getting out there and getting their feet wet, and to do so with their wife/gf/other is cool too. I won't forget the first time I took my wife on a trail.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Vid. Wonderful to see you had a great time with your Landy and hope you enjoy many more!
Thanks for sharing. :cool:

discobuks

Reaction score
thanks you gotta love it hose it off Sunday. Go to work on Wall Street Monday!!!!

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks! We had a blast. I wish I got the scary moments on video. Again, my basic takeaway was 'Wow, this is an amazing machine'...

Still finding mud in and out of the car despite washing it 3-4 times. Have yet to clean the engine and can't believe how muddy it actually is. I've been researching how to clean, but getting so much conflicting 411. Some folks say 'cover tightly all the electronics' then spray it then rinse. Others are just saying 'hose it down' and don't worry about anything. In the end, I'll probably let a detailer figure it out ;)

e24kgold, this was a Tysons/Chantilly event. Really your local dealer should be letting you know about them. I'm not certain, but they have limited spaces available for these so I think they dont' reach out to everybody unfortunately. No idea how they select who though. That's my theory based on somebody who had just purchased 6 months ago from Chantilly and never got an invite despite asking several times.

If I get a new invite in the VA area, I'll PM you.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the offroad part? :biggrin: That road is in better condition than the trail to our cabin.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steve c,

Hey now! That was pretty scary (fun) for us as our first ever trek off pavement. I wish I had a cabin off roads. In fact, I'm going to Zillow now to research...

And we didn't film the parts unfortunately where almost half the trucks got stuck and had to be recovered (one was a sudden 2-3 foot steep decline in the forest on a narrow path and then an almost instant 2-3 foot incline up a muddy hill). I didn't get stuck, but I think I got lucky. I panicked and hit the gas hard and powered up, fishtailing the rear. In retrospect, that was dangerous because there was a spotter very close by who was litterally helping push trucks up that got stuck. I just didn't have the training to react properly.

But, yeah, I am and most of us were newbs.

Still trying to figure out how to clean off the mud all over the the engine though. Many folks are saying in forums 'be careful! of all the electronics and wires' and others are saying 'dont worry! just hose it down!'. Guess I'll go down the path of worrying to be safe. Lords knows I don't want any user generated electrical issues....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9