LR3 Compressor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryansmith8907

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 SE 4.4L. I just recently at 67k had the dealer rebuild my air compressor (the exhaust for the compressor and relay as well as perform a firmware upgrade). I noticed the other day when my Rover was idling how often the compressor had to kick on. So I whipped out my phone and started timing. The compressor will run for about 3-4 minutes upon startup until the bags are full. Then it will turn off for about 1 minute or a minute and a half and then turn back on for a 1 minute. I feel like this is too often. I have no lights whatsoever on the dash. HELP

RCS

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does seem like a long time to me as well. Mine (a 2005 OE-never been relplaced) does not run that long at start-up.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be normal

I have kind of wondered about my compressor as well. I think my compressor is working fine but wondered if I have a slow leak in the system as the compressor seems to run more than I think it should.

None of the corners appear to go down overnight however so maybe all is well and it is just summer and I have my window open so I now hear the compressor just after engine startup.

I would say that my compressor runs for a bit, shuts down, then starts up again so I assume that is just the over temperature switch doing its thing protecting the compressor from overheat.

I would say that if you are not using the easy exit auto down function nor are you setting the 3 routinely at access height, then the compressor should not come on much. At the same time, there is the auto level function and that can exhaust air at anytime, particularly when the 3 is parked overnight.

Re leaks, about all you can do is pull the F26E fuse to disable the compressor and auto level and watch if the 3 drops a corner down over a the period of a week or so.

The two links below are to a few files I have re my compressor on disco3.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4138

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3778

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635