LR3 Crossborder shopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTraina

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm a new member and new LR3 owner! I just bought a 2006 LR3 in Illinois and they told me they would change the odometer to kms but never did. Can somebody help me? I'm pretty comfortable with mechanics so if there is an upload I can do, please let me know how. A couple of the Cdn dealerships told me they wouldn't do it for me 'cus they wanted me to buy it from them. Help!!!! Thx

kosta

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a couple quick questions again.. I've set the trip and Nav to km's but I can't figure out how to set the odometer. Is that an easy setting or do I have to get a dealer to do it? Anybody have any comments on who gives the best service in the Toronto area for dealers?

Thanks again, here's a pic of my new toy!

img6085ce3.jpg

Hey Stan - Congrats! The truck looks great - I have the exact same vehicle (I guess I'm a little biased), and I'm in Toronto as well. The white is very rare up here, so you're not likely to see too many 'twins' on the roads. ENJOY! Kosta

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Odometer cannot be changed. I have verified with Land Rover Canada and Land Rover North America.

jond604

Reaction score
Import Question

I'm looking at get at an 05 or 06 LR3 from the US and bring up to Canada. I wanted to find out what charges you got at the border? I know there is a 6.1% import duty, but I wasn't sure if there is a gas guzzler tax that needed to be paid on it.

Also what modifications needed to be done when the LR3 was imported, was it just the Day time running lights?

Thanks in advance
Jon

jond604

Reaction score
Gas Guzzler Tax

For anyone interested about importing a 2005 - 2007 LR3 into Canada from the US as long as you can show that it was inserviced in the USA before March 2007 you don't need to pay the Green Levy. Basically neeed to show that it was being drived or used in the US before March 2007. Otherwise it looks like the tax is $2000 based on its fuel consumption.

Jon

gamman3

Reaction score
For anyone interested about importing a 2005 - 2007 LR3 into Canada from the US as long as you can show that it was inserviced in the USA before March 2007 you don't need to pay the Green Levy. Basically neeed to show that it was being drived or used in the US before March 2007. Otherwise it looks like the tax is $2000 based on its fuel consumption.

Jon

I don't know how much experience you have with this, but call a customs broker or two. Rules for border guards are guidelines.

If you are going to go for it, don't steal any kids candy for a week or two, and donate to a charity.

MTraina

Reaction score
I bought my LR3 in Chicago in November and I had no problem getting it over. Go to RIV.ca and they will provide the information you need. Be sure to do things in a timely manner. It takes a while for processing it after you bring it over. Make sure you let the US border know that you're brining it over 72 hrs beforehand. I saved about $12k by getting it in the States. Enjoy!

aquaman

Reaction score
First post

I may be purchasing a pre-owned LR3 SE v8 from a LR dealership for about US$33K with the extended pre-owned warranty. My Jeep Commander lease coming up and it seems like the LR3 is the best replacement.

This would save me about $10k if i were to buy here in Windsor, Ontario because an SE v8 with about 25000 miles on it is $39000 plus 13% tax!

It seems like a lenghty process so can anyone give me some advice or some links on how to go ahead with this.

One more question....trailer brakes...cant seem to find a definte awnser on how to install them or if they come with the towing package...some forums say that you cant install them, some say you can but it's DIY...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635