LR3 Delivery Times and Die Cast Models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

milr3

Thanks to all the supporters of this Forum for the wealth of information on a relatively new vehicle. I have just placed my order for an Alveston Red SE with most options since it appeared to be impossible to locate a similarly spec'd SE with NAV. I have to wait a few days to get an idea of delivery time. What are other members with recent orders being quoted?I did manage to get a small discount but was counting on getting a good deal on accessories as well. No such luck - 10% was the best they would offer. LR must be awfully proud of those mats!!

In the meantime, I am stuck looking at my LR wallpaper and would really like to find a die cast model. Does anyone know of a source?

Keep up the great information and may your troubles be few.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son has a very nice LR3 die cast model. It was only available in silver, but is very detailed. It was a gift, I think the Land Rover Gear website has them.

S

SteveA

milr3,

Congratulations on your purchase, you will love the vehicle. I'm not surprised you did not get much of a discount. Land Rover does not have as large a dealer margin as most people think we do, and consider how difficult it is to get right now. We are currently discounting the cars only $400-500. Right now I have several LR3s that are presold that should have been here in January. Land Rover has pushed them back until March with no guarantee of delivery then. Just remember if your dealer tells you one thing this week and something else next week, it may not be their fault. We cannot control Land Rover's whims.

If your car is an ordered car, dealers got a suplemental allocation yesterday. They may have been able to get your car in that batch. If so, it will be built between 2-27-05 and 3-19-05. I would not expect delivery before the middle of April.

As far as an LR3 model goes, there is a silver LR3 model available from Land Rover in their gear catalog. This is can be purchased or ordered at the dealer. Another source is a conpany in the UK, LandCraft 4x4. He has the largest modle shop I have seen dedicated to mainly 4x4 vehicles. He has the same LR3 model that the dealers have. Check out the web site at www.landcraft4x4.co.uk/models/index.html.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99