LR3 Differential Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I don't know much about them...Just when mine started to whine that's who came up in most of my searches...I was lucky enough to change fluid and the whine went away so I didn't pursue it any further...if you do go with them (or whomever you go with) updating here would be awesome just in case others need it (or rather when we all need it LOL)

codemunky

Reaction score
I got a rebuilt front diff from Centurion. Probably one of the few places I trust. Great customer service. Have it sent to your shop. They will need to send your original core to Centurion. It turned out a bit cheaper than what my independent Land Rover service shop charged for a rebuild.

Last edited:

wdgiles

Reaction score
I'm running a Centurion rebuilt diff (rear) in my 2006 lr3 and it has been fine with no problems with it at all. The installers did forget to torque down the drain plug leading to a leak. They drained and filed it again just to be sure it's up to the levels it needs.

Ttweedy

Reaction score
Thanks gents,
I think I am going to try a fluid change to see if that solves my issue. If not then I’m either going to grab a centurion or one from Lucky 8. Lucky has a new diff from apparently the UK supplier.

I’ll keep everyone updated. Have next week off, hopefully it’s warm enough to do.

codemunky

Reaction score
Thanks gents,
I think I am going to try a fluid change to see if that solves my issue. If not then I’m either going to grab a centurion or one from Lucky 8. Lucky has a new diff from apparently the UK supplier.

I’ll keep everyone updated. Have next week off, hopefully it’s warm enough to do.

I talked to someone at Lucky 8 about getting a front diff before getting the Centurion. They said it's coming from Britpart, so new, while Centurion is rebuilt. The only reason why I got the Centurion is that it was recommended by my relatives, who are also Defender owners.

rsenior

Reaction score
Change the fluid. After the first time I changed it, it the rear got really noisy, so I changed it again, that was 20K miles ago.

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
Yes Gentleman we have available Differentials Front & Rear Locking and Non-Locking they through an OEM Manufacturer... They are from the UK through Britpart that range from $1300 to $2200... They also have them for the 2.7 Lion Diesel if needed.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, just seeing this. I had both of my diffs replaced by LR while under the OEM warranty. Can't help on that score but check with member TLT on this forum. He and I have chatted over the last few years about a few things and I seem to remember he also has replacement differentials and such. But he's upgraded his LR3 (lives in TX) so can certainly offer some input on that.
Todd's info:
Todd Tredeau
PDR Services Group LLC
3224 Magenta Sky Trl
Austin, TX 78732
512-698-6169

https://www.facebook.com/DifferentialPartsUS
http://differentialpartsus.com/
http://snomaster.co.za

Red Flash

Reaction score
I don't have anything for the issue, but I bet you had a pretty wild ride last Sunday watching the game. I have a friend who is a dire hard Vikes fan and he almost sh$t his pants...LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV