LR3 for me? got a couple questions.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astro

Reaction score
hey guys, first post. :) well, im looking at leasing an 08' lr3 HSE. i drove an 07 se and loved it.
but i have a few questions.

i noticed the dreaded VIBRATION at about 60mph. i did a couple of searches and realized this is a problem. :( is this something i really need to worry about? being a lease vehicle and all?

what is the "true" gas mileage? city driving, highway. normal conditions.

how is LR with their leases when turning them back in? i dont abuse my vehicles in any way but some of the stuff i have heard about reliability issues kind of scares me. especially with the tires. i dont want to get stuck paying for tires on a 2 year lease with 20k miles total...

thanks for any help. :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't know what vibration you're talking about. highway trips for me are usually 70+ and I don't get any vibration. if you do, they should fix it for you (mine drives smooth at speed).

highway trips, i get around 20.
around town, i get around 14.

-todd
2005 LR3 HSE, 46K

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about vibration, as that is likely a vehicle specific problem. Look at balance, etc. Gas milage for severe city driving is about 13.2mpg for me. Total stop/go. I will say however, in decades of car ownership, this is the first one that often beats the MPG rating on the sticker. Depending on the conditions, I can easily exceed the mfg MPG rating.

You will likely be looking at tires around 20k.

Never leased, but usually it is not a good financial decision for an individual that does not have a business related deduction.

astro

Reaction score
yeah, i forgot to add, im in detroit. i forget sometimes that leasing isnt always as attractive of an option in other states...

in MI "usually" you can lease a lot more for your money than purchasing one.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Detroit too. My lease is coming up and they just inspected it - everything ok. We'll see about the tires as I told them I was putting the crappy HPs back on to turn it in. I'll keep my michelins for the next one.
LR Farmington Hills has a lot of '07 demos that you can get a GREAT lease on. Like the low $500's I believe. I'm also thinking about buying a demo, but will go out of state to do so b/c the market here is too high.
Also, if you only want it for two or three years, I'm positive that this demo lease thing is cheaper than buying one.
Regards.

astro

Reaction score
hands down cheaper. i was quoted on an 07' hse loaded $599 24mo. 10.5k

that was A plan, nothing down except ttr. and no haggling ! that was my "getting my feet wet price" :) lol

im not in a real hurry because my gm lease isnt up until jan. i talked to farmington hills and birmingham. i really liked their aproach. they both told me to hold off a month or 2 to get the best deal on an 08' ! usually dealers want you to buy "right now" i like my dealings with both dealers so far.

the funny thing is. try comparing the lease price to a yukon denali or tahoe ltz! what a joke that was.....

Drew888

Reaction score
Noob to leasing...why is that?

Several years ago (which is the last time I looked), leasing a Yukon was $400 more/mo over my Mercedes ML. This was using their each companies website to get an estimate (zero down, same terms, & no trade).

Never looked at anything GM since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99