LR3 MY '09 Changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WayneHntr

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the upcoming changes will be in MY '09?

My dealer just said that there might be some cosmetic body changes...

Also, does having the HD package make the truck seem more slugish? As stated by many others before, my dealer tried to talk me out of getting it...

Am I crazy - (don't answer that...) or was there once an mp3 input plug next to the front ashtray?

Thanks,
Wayne

spatterso

Reaction score
Answers as best as I can...

AFAIK, 2009 will be just like 2008, and no interior or significant exterior cosmetic changes are planned for a while.

The HD package does not make the truck more sluggish, as it adds only a locking rear differential and a full size spare. Can't add that much weight to an already bloated/heavy vehicle. The diff should make no diff (pun intended!) in on-pavement driving or handling.
I have test driven several vehicles, and own one now with HD, and there is no significant differences noted. I did experience hesitance by dealers in getting me an HD model, but I chalked it up to dealerships trying to get rid of stock on-hand rather than doing trades for what is a rarely ordered truck.

Never an MP3 input plug near the front ashtray. Always on rear of the center stack. Stole that nifty location idea from their previous BMW owners who also suffered from what most people think is poor design/planning in that regard.

I spoke with a designer on this, and the thought is that at the current location, rear passengers can connect their devices as well, and front passengers will not have too much trouble using it in that position. IMO, the jury is out on that one.

Hope this helps :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct... Land Rovers are 'slow' to change, intentionally. And we won't know what 2009 will bring until they announce 2009 models. I wouldn't expect much. It would be nice to get the infotainment electronics updated... so it's closer to LR2. But I'm not holding my breath.

The rear locking differential doesn't even make that much a difference on ******** off-road... In a nut-shell, the car just has to try a little harder without it. I've beaten up both without any issues.

spatterso

Reaction score
LR2 infotainment would be nice. The new Jag XF has the same infotainment system. I like how they arranged the navigation. Would require a major redesign of the center stack though, so expect something in 2010 or 2011.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
biggest change will be a new owner! it will be interesting to see how it effects ground level dealers.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD package is highly desirable! It makes off roading a bit easier, and will probably help your resale value a bit, as is is a hard to find option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9