LR3 needs new front brakes at 12k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shod

Reaction score
Granted I live in NYC... But 12k miles? My mechanic told me the front need to be replaced ASAP and the rears after the next oil change or so.

I do wash tons of brake dust off the front wheels every time but I don't have a squeal or a warning light....

Anyone else here in the same boat as me?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26 k and counting...there is another thread on here about owners' experience with brake life.

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your sensor go off? Have you seen the pad? Twice i have been told that I was in dire need of pads, and there was a little less than half of the pad remaining.

When the sensor went off, I had quite a bit of pad left. However, just be aware that the sensor is only on one pad.

shod

Reaction score
the sensor is something that triggers a light on the dash or just makes the brakes noisy?

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sensor is something that triggers a light on the dash or just makes the brakes noisy?

Light on the dash. Also, you can take a flashlight and look at the pad to see the thickness remaining, at least on the outside one.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't forget, brake use is pretty driver specific - we have 25k km and ok

rheudabaga

Reaction score
Yes, not happy. rear pads replaced at 11k. now front pads have gone at 13k. ridiculous. how much they dinging you for the repair? almost $700 for just the front here in chicago.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace mine at a little less than 14k miles. I got the pads from atlantic-british (didn't need to replace sensor or rotors) and had a local shop take care of it for much less than the dealer. Have 36k on it now and the pads are wearing really well. Good luck and check around.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nearly 48,000 miles and my brakes feel brand new. A few weeks ago I changed the wheels and tires and in so doing had a chance to look at the pads directly. They look like they have well better than 50% left.

The only thing I can think of to explain my long brake life is that I use CommandShift a lot...and any time I'm not on the interestate I use Sport mode. ...and I guess in general I'm just not a heavy braker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635