Lr3 parking brake engaged and windows started going crazy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005LR3TOBE

Reaction score
Ok guys this is the situation and i need help! While driving normally all the sudden the windows stated going up and down like crazy and the parking brake engaged! Pulled over turned it off then on and went away just for a bit then came right back! Took to the stealership and they say it needs a front computer and possibly a rear one as well but they have no way to tell! What do you think it is? Sorry im a newbie, their may be other posts on this but i have had no luck in finding any!!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just based on your write-up this sounds like a troll post. "Front computer" and "rear one?" Did they want to replace an "actuator thingee" too?

How did you get to the dealership if the parking brake kept on engaging? How did you avoid getting rear-ended making so many abrupt stops? You haven't found any posts on such an incident because in over 10 years of the LR3 being in service it's NEVER been reported on this message board or the 3 others I read.

Troll.

2005LR3TOBE

Reaction score
No troll man. Story is im buying it from a friend and this is what he told me. He had it towed. They said it had a front and back computer. Which computer im not sure. Just trying to get an idea. Im headed over Wednesday i guess i can drive it and see for myself and get back to you.

bonz

Reaction score
I had a similar situation with A BMW M3.

The freaking sunroof would,open on its own, and then was reluctant to close. This was problematic cause I do t have a garage!

Anyway, took it to the shop probably 5 times. They claimed to have fixed it several times. I know they thought I was trolling them, but on my 2nd to last time of taking it in, it happened to the guy pulling my car around for me to pick up. Hah.

They did end up figuring it out, but when I went to sell the car, going thru the glove box, I saw the previous owner had it in the shop for the same reason. I know this doesn't help you any, just thought I'd share.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...but that was ONE system going haywire. The OP is reporting two unrelated systems having simultaneous haywire behavior.

Yeah; take it to the dealership and let us know what you find out. A video would be nice too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99