LR3 Pics of Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ultimate bass enriched song that actually sounds like music and not just a beat box is Joe Satriani's "Engines of Creation" CD, track #6 "Champagne?" It is one of the few recordings that really sounds good in the Harmon Kardon system in the LR3's.

Cheezy sample here: http://www.mp3.com/albums/414864/summary.html

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no way to get quality bass out of the stock location, short of possibly filling in the tailgate with fiberglass to seal and silence it. Even then, you would have rattles. I believe the direction I am going is to use the stock subwoofer location for a midbass driver much the same it is today. However, I will check to see if a can get a shallow mount woofer in there. I'll likely build a custom crossover so that this woofer only sees 70hz to its natural cut-off

I then plan to take a feed from the speaker level outputs (unless I have find line out pin outs) and use a CleanSweep, Rockford, or Alpine factory sound system integration unit. I will then feed a stout amp, and a custom subwoofer enclosure. The enclosure and amp will be connected with quick disconnects so the whole unit can be easily moved in and out. At this point I am thinking of four 10" woofers in a flat on the floor sealed box about six inches high.

I am also entertaining a much simpler set up. . . An Alpine LAT sub which uses six 7" woofers in a lateral array. It is a small enclosure and has a built in Alpine PDX amp.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Better make sure the adhesives on your glass roof are in good shape. Could be blowing that thing clean off! :)

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. I'd really like to see how this turns out.

Drew888

Reaction score
I for one think the sub in the HSE is one of the better oem ones I have heard. I had no idea it was back there.

Now I have to go hunt down that CD :)

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 SE V8 and the HK radio settings include one for subwoofer, however, doesn't seem to make a lick of difference when I adjust it. Anyone know if there is a sub in my config.......I can always break out the tools.....sigh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9