LR3 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmoreylr3

Reaction score
Just picked up a really nice LR3 SE for the wife and need to purchase new tires. Anyone have an opinion on the Michelin LTX M/S2? Currently has Goodyear tires which are worn and noisy. I see the Land Rover dealers are outfitting LR3's with Pirelli Scorpion Zero but I want a longer lasting tire. Thinking about running P265/60R18 as the 720 UTQG rating is impressive. So far here is the best pricing I could find:
$208 Discount Tire
$180 Tires Rack + $88 shipping = $202 ea.

Your thoughts? We live in San Diego, CA.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the load index is 109 on the LTX's. LRNA does not like you to go below a LI of110 and an H-speed rating. If you like that size I would consider the Michelin Lattitudes, Pirelli ATRs or the Yoko Geolander A\T-Ss. I've had all three, and think they are all comparable on-road, despite the latter two being ATs. The General Grapper HTS's have gotten great reviews, but I have no experience with those.

PeterParnham

Reaction score
I put on a set of Continentals Cross Contact UXP HL's. Have run them for a few thousand miles and still drive great.

HotelSpy

Reaction score
General AT2 Grabber Tires for LR3

The goodyear tires that come on the vehicle don't last long and wear very unevenly. I put on a set of General AT2 Grabbers. http://www.generaltire.com/tires/T5/Grabber-ATsup2-sup and have been very pleased with them. Drive a lot of highway miles and they aren't too loud, and have been off roading with them 4 times and they have given me a lot better traction vs. the stock goodyear's that come on the vehicle. Very pleased with them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotelspy/sets/72157622824338166/

set-72157622824338166

set-72157622824338166

set-72157622824338166

set-72157622824338166

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto on the General At2's. This is my 2nd truck with them, but the offroad and snow capabilities may be over **** for your needs in San Diego. My wife says "they look like they could eat small children".

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I'll agree with bgsntth, I have the Scorpion ATRs with over 24k and still holding tread. They are great on road and perform well off road. Noise is nonexistent.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a really nice LR3 SE for the wife and need to purchase new tires. Anyone have an opinion on the Michelin LTX M/S2? Currently has Goodyear tires which are worn and noisy. I see the Land Rover dealers are outfitting LR3's with Pirelli Scorpion Zero but I want a longer lasting tire. Thinking about running P265/60R18 as the 720 UTQG rating is impressive. So far here is the best pricing I could find:
$208 Discount Tire
$180 Tires Rack + $88 shipping = $202 ea.

Your thoughts? We live in San Diego, CA.

Bmorey, congrats on your purchase. I am in SD as well. As far as tires go, what part
of our fine city do plan on venturing to? Are you going to keep it on the street? Run
trails out in Borrego? Make your decision based on how you will be using your new
truck. Evans tire has been pretty good to me on pricing. Definately watch that load
rating though, these vehicles are not lightweights. Good luck.

P.S. If you are going to use it on the trails once in a while check out the San Diego
Land Rover club we could use more LR3's out there.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consumer Reports tested LT tires recently, you might find that report interesting.

bmoreylr3

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Appreciate the response from all y'all as they say in Alabama. San Diego native here.
Not sure how much trail blazing we'll be doing in this LR3 as it's the wife's car but it would be silly to never show it the dirt in Baja and just let it sit in a Nordstrom parking lot...ha, ha! Surprised to see the response on the 40k miles on the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros as I would figure they would run thin by 25k-30k. See you at the beach or perhaps on the trail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72