LR3 Tow Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wires

Reaction score
rrover said:
It's totally true. The hardest or longest part is taking the spare tire down to run the wiring harness. It is a simple job. Just plug and play. Just don't use LED trailer lights. Mine cause a flash a couple times a second. Still working to fix that problem.
Easy project. No more than an hour.

Troy

G'day Troy
I do have a fix for your trailer LEDs flashing.

wires

baberger

Reaction score
I am experienceing problems with the LED left and right blinkers of my trailer constantly blinking. Can you share the rememdy? The dealership is baffled and even though they replaced my tow harness with a new one, now they continue to flash.

J

jomcool

Please share flashing LEDs fix

Hello "wires" and "roverito". Please share the flashing LED trailer light fix with me. It is driving me nuts. Thanks so much.

wires

Reaction score
Blinking trailer turn indicators

G'day all

Blinking trailer LEDs are cured with a PulseShunt.

It takes me a bit over one hour to fit the PulseShunt to a Discovery 3/LR3 (D3) and a bit longer to the Range Rover Sport (RRS), the notable exception is the D3 with 7 seats and rear A/C as it is a bit cramped and fiddley to get it into place. Obviously it gets quicker when you have done a couple of fittings.

The PulseShunt is mounted in the left hand rear quarter panel on a bracket that is already there in the vehicle - no drilling required -it just bolts on. In the D3 there is an access panel to gain access but in the RRS Land Rover has not put an access panel so the entire rear left side panel has to be removed and refitted. The two turn indicator wires to the trailer connector need to be cut and the four ends connected (crimp or solder) to the unit. Two wires from the unit need to be soldered to two wires also in the trailer wiring and the eye terminal goes under the nut for the trailer wiring earth. Once installed only the a push of a button stops the trailer LEDs from flashing and another push of the button returns your vehicle to the original configuration for either no trailer or one with standard lighting.

The PulseShunt is about 9 inches (225mm) long, 3 inches (75mm) wide and 2 inches (50mm) deep. It weighs in at 14.5 ounces (410 grams).

It took me over nine months of research and development to devise the PulseShunt to stop those pesky pulses from getting to the trailer LEDs. It of course also allows your vehicle to recognise that a trailer is connected so that there will not be any height changes when driving, the rear PDC will turn off, the trailer tell tale in the instrument cluster will blink with the turn signals and there are no lamp failure warnings displayed for the trailer lighting.

PulseShunt is only available from me at labtronx.com.au

wires

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635