LR3 Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevNicoleCaron

Reaction score
Leak in carwash but not rain...

I have a 2008 lr3...when I go through car wash I usually get a leak coming from behind the dash on the passenger side that drops down onto the floor mat...however has never leaked with rain. Im assuming it's leaking because of pressurized water? Is it possible the outside air intake vent is causing my leak or is it something else?

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be your windshield cowl. Check outside under the passenger side wiper to see if the cowl is bubbled or bowed as opposed to sitting flush against the windshield.

It may be that normal rain is not quite enough to get in there yet, but that a car wash forces water down into that crevice.

If so, water then leaks works it way into the cabin right beneath this area and comes out behind the passenger dash, a common issue with LR3's. Replacing the cowl is pretty easy and not that expensive either. You might even use a little silicon to help hold the cowl flush against the windsheild when you replace it so it does not happen again down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635