LR3 Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Michael99b

I have a 6 month old LR3. After it rains, both the passenger side and driver's side front carpets are REALLY wet. No water in the rear at all. Also hear a sloshing sound when I brake, like there is water running through the frame somewhere. Hard to tell if the sloshing is in the roof or below me. The sloshing sound eventually goes away, presumable once all the water has leaked onto my carpets. No evidence of the water running from the top down on the inside of the truck. Headliner is dry. Has anyone had a similar experince. I have an appointment at the dealer in a few days, but my chances of those rocket scientists figuing it out are slim. Thanks.

F

Freeflytim

Hmm, new one!
Run it through the dealer car wash- have them turn off the brushes and see where it is coming from!

T

tommithy

This may not relate directly to you but we found that the front windscreen on the passenger side was leaking on our HSE. It wasn't flooding the carpets or anything but it would drip occassionally on the dash above the glove box. After 2 days at the dealership they finally found the leak (they had to pull the headliner back and flood the roof/windscreen area with water to find it). They had an outside contractor come in and seal it. I'll know if it's actually been fixed the next time we we have a good rain up here.

C

classicflytyer

Checking for water leaks

Feel the carpet.

If the water feels like it started at the center of the car, then chances are the water is from the air conditioner and either the drain tubes are clogged or there is too much condensation to drain quickly enough before you turn.

If the water feels like it started near the doors, then chances are the water is coming from 1) a bad door seal - usually the result of pulling the door seal to do work and not resetting it correctly and allowing water to seep in under the seal or more likely 2) clogged sun roof drain tubes which are usually cleared by blowing compressed air down them. There may also be drain tube in/near the firewall.

M

Michael99b

Problem solved by dealer. It was the AC condensate tube that was clogged and the water was leaking into the truck.

B

BobbyBurns

Good luck! i have had my LR3 for 14 months and it has been in for this water problem 4 times. they say it is the drains that keep getting clogged. This time they have to change all the carpeting and padding out. it will be in the shop for 2 weeks. the electrical system shorted out and locked me out. at first I was told it was the air conditioning too........the headliner and door have filled up way to many times. they can't seem to fix it. good luck. hope you enjoy the new carpeting that is in your future.

vasculon20

Reaction score
water water

Got the same probelem, sloshing sound on mine actually came from the front passenger side and each time i break water was sloshing. I investigate and found the water was actually under the carpet and it could have come from the passenger front pillar that was leaking during the heavy rain. On each side of lr3 just beside the passenger side there is a straight groove that runs the electrical wire that's where the water was. Mine was out of warranty so i just took it apart then dry. I will take to the dealer to reseal the pillars .

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the water leaking problem also. It's coming from the sunroof. A little water always leaks from the sunroof of any car and goes down the rain gutters in the track. Yours probally got filled with crap. I used a thick 14 gauge soild core electrical wire and stuck it down the two front holes located on each side of the track. Once the clog is cleared out you there won't be any more problems.

The drain tube runs out behind the fender and the plastic wheel moding so once you stick the wire in it'll stop that's the end of the tube. You should be able to stick about the height of the LR3 worth of wire down to clean the drain tube.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great tip! I was wondering how I was going to do this (once out of warranty).

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635