LR4 19s, Load Ratings and the Cooper Zeon vs Wrangler Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I was actually thinking about possibly switching back to 19s with DuraTrac.
Some people started talking about the availability of the tire in 255/55R19 yesterday on ExPo.
I found some for $235 each.
The reviews are really good indeed.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I was actually thinking about possibly switching back to 19s with DuraTrac.
Some people started talking about the availability of the tire in 255/55R19 yesterday on ExPo.
I found some for $235 each.
The reviews are really good indeed.
I am happy to see a decent tire for the 19" wheel. I am going to stick to my 18" BFGs because of the extra side wall and E rating, but these are a great option.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear USA's web site now lists a 255/55R19 size in their Wrangler DuraTracs, a more aggressive and likely capable A/T - M/T "hybrid" than the Adventures discussed above. Besides the unfortunately short sidewall, there is a lot to like about the Duratracs on paper. That size is not E-range (XL only), but they have a good 111 load index - good enough for the LR4 - they are snow rated and have a decent speed index, so they should be good on the road as well, albeit a bit noisy I imagine. Something new to consider if you don't want to downsize to 18s. Nobody has them in stock yet, but they are probably coming soon. They have been available for a while in Europe, and lots of Disco3 and 4 owners rave about them on UK forums.

http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...save&webprodid=354&productcode=31200802700000

Had these tires in a 35" size on my JKUR and they were a truly great tire!

CaliDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok /
Resurrecting this thread as it’s come time to replace my tires and was curious about the experience folks have had long term on the wrangler adventure with Kevlar in the 255 60 r19

Versus

The cooper Zeon
In the stock 19 inch size

Thanks in advance for any insight and experience to share!

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the duratracs and have been happy with them, although they seem to have worn a little quicker than expected. Isn't the load factor the issue with the wrangler's? I am on the fence on buying new duratracs or biting the bullet and getting 18 in wheels with bfg's....alot of money for only 1.5 inches more of sidewall...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV