lr4 360 cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alrxgonz26

Reaction score
I have a 2012 lr4 that wasn't equipped with the 360-degree cameras but I drove a 2011 that was and I wanted to know if it was possible to just switch over the cameras from a car that had them to one that wasn't factory equipped with them or if I would have to completely wire the whole system throughout the car from the front bumper and doors. I figure there would have to be some programming that might need to be done with the gap tool to get them to work but I wanted to know if it would be as simple as plug and play and then program.

SkiWill

Reaction score
It would at the very least require changing several lengths of wiring harness including the wiring harness for the front bumper which has the camera specific connectors, possibly swapping a control module, and then procuring all of the cameras. I'm not sure if it would require a vehicle harness swap or not. If it did, then buy another LR4. It'll be easier.

There are no aftermarket versions of the cameras that I found when I broke one so you pay full Land Rover 1,000% markup. The front bumper cameras were over $400 a piece several years and a lot of inflation ago. I just looked and the side mirrors with cameras are (brace yourself) over $1,200 EACH! So, even if you could find all of the wiring parts, plan on spending over $3k just for the darn cameras and then many hours of your time for the installation.

My nickel (inflation or Land Rover pricing; you pick): don't walk away from this project. Run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA