LR4 Accessories

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Finlayforprez, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ncburch22

ncburch22 Full Access Member

Good luck with flight school! Been there, done that. Just finished my first ATP.

BikePilot likes this.
  2. Krill

Krill Member

Awesome man congrats!! its quite the task, luckily I've already gotten my A&P license so I've been told the private and commercial written tests are nothing compared to that. soloed 12 days after starting so im trying to bang this shit out before Christmas. my reward can be a roof rack;)

3. manoftaste

manoftaste Full Access Member

Quite interested in knowing more about that particular mod.

4. Krill

Krill Member

its a 12v high flow twin piston air compressor mounted inside the brake booster compartment with an outlet in the engine bay and one running to the back of the car. right now its only set up to inflate tires and use as an air blower( blow sand off the carpets and stuff) its hooked up directly to the battery with a 30amp inline fuse, its got an over temp sensor built in so if it runs for more than 25-30 min it automatically shuts off( didn't want the thing some how coming on while driving and burning up) air tank will eventually be installed on the passenger side under the car(just like the factory tank on the driver side) its a 3 gallon hot dog tank I found in my garage I think its from harbor freight but not sure. biggest thing is I hate seeing wires so its pretty much self contained inside that box with the exception of one power wire that it hidden along a bundle of wires that ran to the fuse box. from the outside you'd never know it was there (excuse the rusty safety wire holding the outlet in the engine bay the original clip broke while I was in NC uwharrie national forest on the trails and that all I had to put it back in place) E1FA02EC-1BA8-4BF5-ADF6-A8197D86F47F.jpeg 3E4B8C0D-8642-4806-98A0-C9D6710355E4.jpeg 45659A54-5FD7-48F6-A40C-FE999AFFCBE0.jpeg 230F4CB8-5069-45E1-BFFC-CDB6DDD47F3E.jpeg

5. Xplorer

Xplorer Member

Still available?

6. manoftaste

manoftaste Full Access Member

Wow, very interesting. Thanks for the detailed breakdown, much appreciated.