LR4 Brake Pads: Aftermarket Alternative?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the difference between orange and green? which is the quietest and cleanest pad?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used orange, but the green ones I have are dead silent and make very little dust.

buybrakes

Reaction score
The EBC Greenstuff brake pads are more suited to typical driving and commuting and are relatively low noise and dust. You wouldn't really need the bite, extended heat range and fade resistance of the EBC OrangeStuff Pads unless:
1. You're running over-sized wheels/tires (Most Land Rover owners don't, it's more of a Jeep/Ford/Chevy thing) or
2. You're towing 10,000+ pounds (horses etc) or
3. You do a lot of steep descents (Rockies, Colorado, Aspen, Sierra/Tahoe region, Grant's pass etc.) or 4. You constantly drive too quick and late brake and need big big bite during deceleration.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have green stuff all around. Great pads. Long time ebc user.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also went akebono rotors - never used them before so im looking forward to seeing how they are

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Akebonos on my Honda. They don't have the bite of the OEM Land Rover stuff but they make little dust. Last time I looked Akebono made rears for the LR4 but not fronts. Is this still the case?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut