LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way I can get the dealership to swap the video module without there being any logged error codes? The flickering is not causing codes to be logged and for now I haven't had any blue screens since my last visit. I've had the LR4 in 5 times for camera concerns according to the service records. I did bring the LR4 in a couple times without an appointment and they did a quick look without logging anything (more so a visual on the flickering than grooming it up to read error codes). That was probably a mistake on my part since there is no documentation on that.

HikeNbike

Reaction score
happened to me but that was because i had a cut camera wire... The wire is optical so it relies on a uninterrupted flow. Check to be sure you didn't damage it with any aftermarket installs. (Roof racks, rear ladders, radios, ect...)

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info HikeNbike. My rig is 100% factory original at the moment.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got off the phone with JLRNA earlier today... Apparently there's no record that the Rep could find that my dealership spoke with the Engineers. Nothing logged under my VIN at all. So a new case was opened up and they should be contacting me and the dealership to find out what's going on, and why my LR4 hasn't been fixed in 5+ visits. We'll see what happens next.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So got off the phone with JLRNA earlier today... Apparently there's no record that the Rep could find that my dealership spoke with the Engineers. Nothing logged under my VIN at all. So a new case was opened up and they should be contacting me and the dealership to find out what's going on, and why my LR4 hasn't been fixed in 5+ visits. We'll see what happens next.
This actually happened to me with my old Discovery. The dealer told me they had been speaking to LRNA engineers, etc. and it turns out it was all a bunch of crap. I think the dealership got in a lot of trouble.

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had trouble with a brand new 2013 LR4 HSE LUX with the rear view camera just going black randomly. One time it flickered with wavy lines like static and then went out. Local dealer had it for a day and a half and the tech found a loose connector in the dash that they indicated was causing the problem. So far, so good. Have not had another problem with teh system so far. Now if I could only find the $%*#@& rattle in the back somewhere I'd be very happy!

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue camera again this morning. It's one of the cameras they replaced too!

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that JLRNA was not involved, but not surprised. Again, I'd look at the lemon laws in your state and have that information handy when talking to JLRNA as it appears you have an easy case (not that you want to go that route). As well, the dealer clearly is not "going up the ladder" with your problems, and I'd question any and all of their responses...If you haven't already, I'd make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing, who cares what they "think" is wrong or who they "say" they talked to....documentation, documentation, documentation, verbal conversations are meaningless in getting your issue resolved at this point. Your SA and I'd even wager that tech have no real idea what to do, nor do they really care..if they're just "telling" you what they think is wrong than they are guessing and I'd question that they are doing anything....work orders, parts orders, you want it all in hand and can then forward it as needed....

Obviously you want the issue resolved, but I'd also be asking for some "love" for dealing with all of this once it is fixed...if you own this truck and are keeping it, a nice extended warranty can smooth some frayed nerves. In my industry when we have a customer (typically it's his attorney) who "no longer has any confidence or trust" in the product I know what papers are coming and work to get the issue resolved by the MFG if at all possible.

Last edited:

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all the service records on file, video, and pictures of the cameras going blue and / or flickering. Plus the entire email chain back and forth between the service manager and me. Also emails from JLRNA acknowledging they received my emails to them.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with JLRNA. They will not provide anything in writing at all, will not let me speak to an Engineer or other technician, and to contact my dealership to provide me with documentation (which the dealership already said they won't do).

They even said they aren't looking at the videos or pictures I sent and are just forwarding the videos and pictures to my dealership. I asked them to at least attach my emails and links to my case. Don't know if they are even doing that. I would rather not go the Lemon route, but it's really looking more and more like this is the only solution.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4