LR4 Dashboard Material and What Product to Clean it With...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
Yeah mine is a ‘13 and it has all those features you mentioned as well, so it looks like extended leather for me! Woo-hoo! Now I just have to decide between the 200,000 leather care products out there....
Lol yeah good luck on that part. There are plenty that folks with nice vehicles have used for years to keep their leather like new.
If you still question what package you have just go to images.google and look up lr4 Windsor leather and vehicles for sale with the option show up. Just looks like the double stitch seat upholstery on the door and dash. Not sure how to look up build sheets for Land Rover otherwise that would be another confirmation.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Hopefully it prevents some of the UV damage such as fading and cracking. Also works great on the cowl and other exterior black plastic such as the black bumper trim.
+1 on 303 Aerospace Protectant. Use it on pretty much every surface that gets hit with sunlight / UV rays.

I don't think it would hurt leather, but a proper leather treatment is likely preferred on genuine leather.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I say composite is because I recently purchased a used 2011 which had considerable wear on the driver side window sill from it being used as an arm rest, and it wore away in an odd peeling manner and revealed a mesh layer underneath. The upper layer is really thin and somewhat elastic, which leads me to believe it isn't actually leather.

I also have an 2011 LUX with partial leather and the driver's side window sill is also peeling away. I started a separate thread about it because I wanted to just buy that part and you unfortunately have to buy the entire door panel to change out. I don't believe it's just from wear, I think it might be due to wearing bug spray containing Deet over extended periods of time as well.

I also use 303 on the vinyl and Griots leather care on the leather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72