LR4 Error Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsteen

Reaction score
Ok, this is about the best carfax I have seen yet. Would this be a good example of the one to get. I don't see many at all that have had this much work done. Is anything on this report concerning? This one is about $4,000 more than the other one I was looking at but seems to have some of the problems already taken care of.

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2012 LAND ROVER LR4 HSE_ SALAG2D49CA613038.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 58

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the good news in at 91k the timing chain repair was completed.
besides that, the maintenance looks good. you'll still be due for a water pump soon though.

regardless what has been done in the past, there are error codes now. so it really doesnt matter how well maintained it was, unless your willing to go the extra mile to fix the current issues.

honestly, the crankshaft/camshaft correlation code is a very scary one. maybe the timing chain job wasnt done well?

there are about 20 reasons not to buy this car in your first post, but it seems like your looking for the 1 reason to buy it.

EDIT: didnt realize this carfax was for a different truck than the one in the first post. reading comprehension fail.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is about the best carfax I have seen yet.

Trying to make sense of the Carfax and gave up. They did the 45K service at 25K mileage, then 8 mos later did the 30K service at 32K mileage. Maybe the first interval was a typo. But then it says they did the 15K service at 85K mileage. Again, get a pre-purchase inspection.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is about the best carfax I have seen yet. Would this be a good example of the one to get. I don't see many at all that have had this much work done. Is anything on this report concerning? This one is about $4,000 more than the other one I was looking at but seems to have some of the problems already taken care of.

Much better truck than the last one. Like @cperez said, I would still get an inspection. I would most certainly jump on this one though if the inspection checks out

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apparently improved the timing chain guides

You can search for it, but there is a service bulletin that has the vin range. Some of the later 2012 models have the new guides.

So when I searched for my LR4 I was looking at 2012-2013's. I was also checking every single vin number, and then slamming them all into TOPIX to check for the locking rear diff.

rsteen

Reaction score
You can search for it, but there is a service bulletin that has the vin range. Some of the later 2012 models have the new guides.

So when I searched for my LR4 I was looking at 2012-2013's. I was also checking every single vin number, and then slamming them all into TOPIX to check for the locking rear diff.

Thanks for the feedback. I am still on the hunt. I have mostly limited my search to 2013 but that is good info about the 2012's. I am finding lots of LR4's out there with mixed maintenance records. Would you guys trust the 170pt dealer inspection as a good indicator of condition?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you guys trust the 170pt dealer inspection as a good indicator of condition?
No. Have them do an actual pre buy inspection. The XXXpt inspections all seem like ******** to me. You can’t tell me a tech has a checklist and looks at every single item on it during a routine oil change lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA