LR4 Radio keeps going out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm if there is a software update that fixed this issue? I have a 2010 LR4 and having this same problem... Does anyone know the latest software update and the release date of the update? Is there anyway to find out what software version you currently have on your vehicle?

When my LR4 goes from a working radio to static it turns up so loud and fast that it scares the crap out of me! It hurts the ears as well.

Thanks in advance!

Meowsdauer

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? It just started on my 2010 LR4. Interestingly, it seems to happen only to me above 35 MPH.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ShadowRanger

Reaction score
Any of you who are having this problem, when you go into your radio settings, do you notice that your setting has been changed from HD to standard (I'm not in my truck now, so I'm going from memory; these may have different names)?

Mine will do that often. I'm wondering if that might be the issue--that you had it set to an HD station, and you lost the HD setting, therefore sending you to static. Just throwing darts here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Richard Mitchell

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Discovery 4 with the exact same problem.
I have tried disconnecting battery overnight but problem persists. I have replaced the amplifier but problem persists unless I disconnect power from the amplifier. However the touchscreen then stays at the Land Rover logo and I lose all day Satnav and audio capabilities.
Really hoping someone out there knows the fix for this???

DaveyBoy

Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 and mine has done the not working at all and the earsplitting loud static thing a few times as well.
Could be a coincidence, but it seems heat related because each time it's happened, it's been at least 90º F out and truck has been sitting in sun.
Maybe it's overheating the unit?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV