LR4 Rear Locking Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellerby

Reaction score
Revised the order yesterday and added the HD package...thank for the input...now I can return focus to the valve train and manifold on the old Series III

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear locker isn't a necessity by any means. We've run plenty of trail here in Colorado without the rear locker with no issues. A rear locker would be some help, I am sure. The other beauty of the $750 is that you get a full-size tire and wheel for a spare, (about a $1000 value in itself), and the prospect of increased resale value.
To me, on an ordered car, it turns into a done deal.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I live in the Madison area, where are you located? We've had our LR4 for three weeks now (love it)! We did not get the Locking Diff. Simply picked up what was in stock, and the dealer didn't have one with that option.

Cheers,

Joe

Ellerby

Reaction score
I live in Minneapolis but have a cabin up near Ladysmith, WI...I cannot wait for the LR4...

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Cool! I love Northern WI. Going up to Minocqua next weekend to do some Muskie hunting. Looking forward to putting some serious highway miles (it's about a 240 mile one way trip to our lake), and seeing how the beast handles on long cruises. It's been a pleasure so far. Only a few small quibbles, but nothing that wouldn't prevent me from leasing another one.

Cheers,

Joe

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be dissapointed on the road; the LR4 eats up miles. It's so quiet and comforatble it amazes me every time I have it on the interstate.

I kind of wish I could have gotten a locker and full size spare. I'm not sure I will ever need the locker but the full size spare would really be nice.

I would also second that I bet you would get most of yoru money back in resale for adding the HD package.

I was limited to what they had in stock at my dealer, and none of the LR4s had the HD package.

Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112