lr4 reliability ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning to get an lr4 , this car has inspired me specially 2010 features are

more than fabulous. I'm asking about the degree of reliability and dependability of lr4

I appreciate your help and I ask the people who got this car for at least 3 or 4 years .

I'm a from the Arabian gulf ( if it makes a difference )

cheers :hello:

mad man

Reaction score

30 views no replays

guys I'm not asking for money

I need some opinions.

:mad:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The information you are looking for is not available yet. The LR4 has only been on the market for 1 year, not 3 to 4 years.

I was wondering; did you bother to look through some of the other threads on the forum? I think if you look at them, some of the known issues will be readily evident. Right now there isn't much more than a few electrical gremlins with the radio and 360 camera that I know of. The early LR4s from this time last year have gotten a software patch that fixed some issues the early LR4s had. I've only had mine for 2 months so I didn't know about those issues until I read through some of these old threads.

Rob

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Rob said, this model has only been on the market for about.....

A year now. It's substantially updated from the first generation called the LR3. In the USA (not sure where else) this new model is referred to as the LR4. I believe in the UK, it's still known as the LR3, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

My wife and I leased an LR4 back in July. It now has close to 4K miles on it. That's practically a record for our family, as normally we drive about 1200 miles per month, so we are way ahead of our normal curve there. So far, it's been nearly flawless, or I should say flawless mechanically. We have not experienced any issues and my wife uses a Blackberry and has had no issues with the blue-tooth communication or the radio. I'm inclined to believe that ours has the latest software patch that Rob mentioned. I / we have a few quibbles about the user interface and funky software that is the NAV and other programming functions, but so far we are 100% delighted with the vehicle. We previously leased a 2007 BMW X5 and experienced nothing but headaches with it (both mechanically, and electrical / software). There are several things that I think the LR4 should have, or updated to in it's pricing category, but nothing we can't live without. So, all I can say is - so far, so good!

Good luck to you!

Joe

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang Joe, you had better hurry up and drive that thing some more so you can catch me. Mine has 5144 miles on it and we picked ours up July 3rd. Thats a record for us too; I normally wouldn't put 500 miles on our car in a normal month. We had 2 big vacations back to back that racked up most of them. I'm still toying with the Land Rover National Rally in Moab. I was already there earlier this year, but it's always fun to be out there. And whats another 2,000 miles before the truck is even 6 months old...

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to say, "we got you beat", but that's not the case. Ours was the Dealer's service loaner for a couple of weeks prior to use picking it up. When we got it at around the 20th or so of July, it had almost 900 miles on it. The manager of the dealership was driving it and put most of the miles on it as he has a lake house in Northern WI, and in two weeks he put almost 700 miles on it driving back and forth. Don't know if I believe him, but he said that it was used twice as a service loaner for the day. We saved a bundle by taking it instead of ordering one, and got immediate delivery.

Cheers,

Joe

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one year in, 27000 miles :), no issues and still love driving it everyday. Reliability has not been an issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi