LR4 Replacments...

Discussion in 'LR4' started by iconoclast, Apr 27, 2018.

1. iSurfvilano

iSurfvilano Full Access Member

Inclines are definitely different without the rear diff. I traded my first LR4 in for one with the HD package after feeling the difference in the one at the Land Rover experience in Asheville. But.... Other than inclines, you're right, no difference. Seeing that I hit the trails with those inclines throughout the year, it's a must have for me.

2. Frank8

Frank8 Full Access Member

Ha! My problem is slightly different. I have 17k on my 2016 LR4 and 78 yrs on my 1940 bod.
    I don’t know which is gonna give up first, but it’s an ugly feeling.:(:dontknow:
    Frank

jpjp likes this.
  3. umbertob

umbertob Full Access Member

Back when I was young... (until 3-4 years ago), I used to drop the Tactical fuel tank plate on the floor of my garage between off-roading trips and park the car right on top of it, it's about 100 lbs and I am sure it makes a little bit of a difference at stoplights and the fuel pump. Then again, a few years before that (with my Sport), I used to take off the Compos and put the 21" bling-o-rama staggered wheels back on as well after an off-roading adventure. I even washed and waxed my car for a whole Sunday sometimes, crazy stuff!!! ;)

Now, I just don't care anymore. I proudly drive around with California pinstriping on doors and fenders, fully ready to go off-road at a moment's notice, fuel economy and road noise be damned. The considerable time, hassle and wear and tear on my back and joints required to take that sucker up and down just aren't an acceptable trade-off for bloat, fuel economy and wear and tear on the car anymore. And once you add various skid plates and rock sliders under your car, the stock wheels and racing slicks start looking dinky anyway. As you and your kids (if you have any to drive around to all types of activities) get older, priorities change I guess... They did for me, lol. I have only replaced LCA bushings (the last time I changed the entire control arms, actually) twice in 172K miles, so I don't think removing that fuel tank would have made much of a difference - I did replace the regular bushings with poly bushings when I got the new arms about 90K miles ago though, so that may have made a difference in their longevity. Or maybe I am just luckier than you, but I ain't taking that thing down no more.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. johnnwalters

johnnwalters Active Member

Thanks, I'm aware of that but I've get mine from a reliable source in Annapolis. I do however have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them!

5. cperez

cperez Full Access Member

If I ever heard that Cantler's was importing their crabs I would lose all faith in humanity... Enjoy your crab picking session wherever you go! Plenty of Old Bay and cold beer; may I suggest a Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA as a beer pairing.

6. johnnwalters

johnnwalters Active Member

Cantler's is my source, cperez. You can't beat them and I enjoy the drive to get back to where they are.

cperez likes this.